VI - 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔦𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

[ edited ]

Music resonated in the mansion filled with sparkling drinks, laughter, and the scuttling feed of hardworking servers

Klaus Mikaelson could be found admiring the paintings in a secluded hall, the presence of candlelit corridor a mere caress compared to the bright chandeliers in the dining hall. The soft warm light was positioned in front of a painting of a ship at sea. Klaus' blue eyes trailed over the paint strokes, admiring the artist's skill.

The painting was lifelike. It was beautiful and it was damning.

"My brother hides away while I entertain the guests," Elijah mumbled from behind the blond original. "Is the world ending or have I been ill informed?"

Klaus cracked a half hearted grin. "But it is, brother. I will tear the sky with welcome arms, drain the seas of life, uproot great oaks and maples, and slaughter the wretched humans."

"And why on earth must I destroy the world, you ask?" Klaus mused, talking to himself. "My heart is missing," He continued as if he hadn't just threatened the well-being of everyone in the mansion, "If it is gone any longer I fear I might become...reckless."

His smirk alone is enough to send well veterened soldiers into a flurry, but the raw energy behind his eyes could chill the coldest of hearts and trouble the kindest of minds.

Elijah smiled through his growing trepidation, "They are doing their best to find her."

"Their best has never been enough!" He bellowed, finally cracking from the tranquil facade. "Must I do everything myself?"

Elijah sighed, "We don't want to alarm her family, brother. They will run us from this country the moment they know of our identities."

Klaus inhaled deeply but stopped as if he had come to a decision, "Blast this. Blast everything." He yanked his cravat out with such vigor he sent it flying to the wall. "I've never given one fück about them."

He was at the door now, fists clenched and back tensed.

"Where are you going?" Elijah called.

"To look for my moon and stars, Elijah."

"YOU CAN WAKE UP NOW."

Elena slapped Lilura's cheeks.

"Jesus," The siren hissed, hopping up from the floor. "Calm down Ele..."

Lilura squinted when she saw what the doppelganger was wearing. "Oh it's you," She said, eyeing the leather jacket and curly hair.

"Surprise," Katherine Pierce smirked.

"Why...?" Lilura grumbled as a searing pain erupted at the back of her head. She reached behind to find a decently sized lump, as if someone had smacked her with a heavy object — maybe a fire extinguisher.