XII - 𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔟𝔦𝔤 𝔟𝔞𝔡 𝔴𝔬𝔩𝔣

[ edited ]

MEANWHILE IN MYSTIC FALLS, DAMON POURED HIMSELF A TALL GLASS OF BOURBON

Subsequently, his cell phone rang.

Without bothering to look at the caller ID, he grouched. "You're interrupting my drink."

A familiar woman chuckled, "You miss me?"

"Katherine. Where are you?"

"Lurking outside your window, pining away."

The Salvatore dumped the Bourbon down his throat. "What do you want?"

"I'm homesick," She replied. "What have I missed?"

"Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Elena still thinks she can save him. No one's thought about you since you left."

"And what about you? I'm sure now that you've given up on your brother, you're plotting some sort of way of moving in on his girlfriend."

Damon frowned and rubbed his eyebrow. "I didn't give up on him. I just don't know where he is."

Katherine hummed, her voice full of mischief, "Hmm."

He stood still, "But you do. Are you trailing them?"

He shimmied over to the sink to concoct a new drink and pressed the speaker button. It was a habit he had recently acquired from time spent acting like a human in Mystic Falls, but by now Damon had it memorized like the back of his hand.

"A hybrid who wants me dead, his sidekick who's off the rails, and Lilura Anthemoessaa silver-tongue siren? I couldn't be further away."

Suddenly, from the depths of the Salvatore Boarding House, Katherine heard a noise.

Woof!

"When did you get a dog?"

Damon smirked into his glass, "I lied. We found Stefan. He didn't want to be saved."

He walked over to the little corgi who was gnawing on an expensive rug, "So I took one of Lily's prized possessions to prove a point."

Katherine was speechless.

"And she hasn't killed you yet?"

"She thinks it's dead," Damon pouted, booping Sirius on the nose. "Boo-hoo-hoo."