XIV - 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔩 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯

[ edited ]

OUTSIDE MYSTIC FALLS HIGH SCHOOL, Lilura and Klaus could hear a female's voice travel across the field in a crystal clear frequency

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

"Aw," Lilura smiled, "They're about to be seniors!"

Klaus cracked his neck. "It's a shame we have to kill them first."

Lilura whipped out her knife, "I wonder where Damon is."

"Patience, love," The Hybrid gently put down her arm. "We've got to see the doppleganger first."

Lilura sighed, "Oh, alright."

They breezed through the doors with a bounce in their steps.

Before entering, Klaus stopped and turned around, a strange sort of smile on his lips. Before Lilura could ask him why he stopped, Klaus murmured, "Your eyes...they light up at the prospect of danger." 

He shoved the doors open, "I like it."

———— Δ ————

Klaus and Lilura were hiding behind a set of lockers.

"Why is it you vampires have a flair for the dramatics?" The enchantress asked, thinking back to the time her and Damon had squatted in the bushes, waiting for the exact moment to reveal themselves to Jules and the werewolves.

"And you're not dramatic?" Klaus rounded on her.

"Do you see me hiding out in the hallways for a girl? I think the fu—"

"Shhhhh! She's coming."

Elena opened the doors, and Klaus sped over to her with his creepy smile.

"There's my girl," He hummed.

Lilura waved.

Elena paled and took a step back, "Klaus! Lilura!"

She quickly tried to flee, which Lilura commended, save for the untied shoestrings that inhibited her success.
Klaus scoffed at the sad attempt, "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Klaus took a hold of Elena's right arm and made Lilura grasp onto the other.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing," He growled.

"A bet again, sweetheart? You know I always win," Lilura chuckled.

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!"
The Gilbert said, big brown eyes staring up to Klaus and Lilura with defiance.