XXXI - 𝔟𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔶𝔠𝔩𝔢

THE LAST PLACE JUDAS MIKAELSON THOUGHT HE WOULD END UP WAS ELENA GILBERT'S BED, BUT IT SEEMED EVERYTHING WAS POSSIBLE AT THIS POINT

EVERYTHING WAS POSSIBLE AT THIS POINT.

Especially with the way things escalated last night.

Klaus Mikaelson shook the chains off his body when Judas cut them off with a sledgehammer. Why a sledgehammer, Judas didn't know, but it was the only thing he found lying on the cemetery grounds.

The Hybrid was staring at Lilura, sleeping peacefully despite her rage moments before. Under the moonlight, she looked paler than ever before. Her raven hair contrasted with the sharp lines of her face, permanently sneering and hissing. 

"She'll be ok," Bonnie said, checking the siren's pulse. "It was just a sleeping spell."

"One powerful enough to knock out an elephant," replied Klaus. He lowered himself to the ground and scooped her up, grimacing briefly. "I've got her."

"Your wrists and —well— you, in general, look beat up. I can do it," Judas offered, arms at the ready.

Klaus shook his head.

"I've got her," He said. To Judas he passed on a soft sentiment, "When you have something you love, you don't let it go. That's one thing my father never bothered to teach me. But then again, my father never bothered to do a lot of things."

Judas opened his mouth to reply, but Klaus smiled demurely in protest, "I'm just trying to break the cycle."

As if she could hear their conversation, the Siren stirred.
She snuggled in Klaus' bomber jacket. Something incomprehensible escaped her dried lips.

"I'll keep it in mind," Judas said in regards to Klaus little life lesson. "Haven't exactly found my soul mate yet."

Judas almost expected Klaus to tell him how to find the one, but Lilura mumbled something else and interrupted their conversation.
With a start, Judas realized she was sleep-talking.

"You're cute," She sighed, snuggling further into Klaus jacket.

"I'm not bloody cute!" said Klaus. "I'm Klaus Mikaelson, the Original Hybrid."

She fell silent after that, but not in the way a child falls silent from their mother's scoldings or from glimpsing a frightening crack of lightning. It was as if the enchantress was comforted by the fact that Klaus Mikaelson was the Hybrid. It was like she could rest peacefully knowing that Klaus Mikaelson was Klaus Mikaelson, ruthless in every aspect except her.