XXVII - 𝔭𝔩𝔬𝔱 𝔱𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔱, 𝔟𝔦𝔱𝔠𝔥

(edited)

SIRIUS COULD SENSE  A DISTURBANCE IN THE AIR

Rebekah stopped flipping through the magazine when she noticed his trepidation.

"What's up, champ?"

The dog cocked his head to the door, as if to say listen Auntie Bex.

Rebekah slowly put down her magazine and craned her ears to listen for anything that might have set off the dog.

She could hear steady footsteps, ones she were quite familiar with, having grown up with all her life — but she could also tell that there was an imbalance between them, which meant that Klaus was either severely injured or had to pee really badly.

Sometimes, it was quite a fine line.

A banging ensued from the Mikaelson front door, and Rebekah frowned at her watch.

Niklaus had told her that he and Lilura would return later that evening, after their date. Rebekah, knowing well of Klaus' impermanent nature and Lilura's ostentatious taste, had opted to stay with Sirius as company just in case his owners very well skipped into the sunset like the idiotic sods they were.

All of this was reflected in a matter of seconds, because the door was suddenly flung open with the familiar smell of rust.

"Rebekah..." breathed Klaus, "Lilura..."

The female Original quickly supported her brother, who had lost his balance while scrambling to get into the door.

"Lilura is on a killing spree," His eyebrows pulled together at Rebekah who had noticed his wound at his side. A small patch of red seeped through his button up. "Forget that."

He flinched away from her outstretched hand.

"Close the door, Bekah, close the goddamn—"

"Ah, Rebekah Mikaelson," Lilura bared her teeth pleasantly. The dark navy gaze narrowed at Klaus disdainfully. "Oh, you're still alive."

And then she lunged. In the night light it was hard to decipher what the enchantress had grasped in her hands, but the shape was unmistakable.

Rebekah froze, staring on in deep confusion and absolute disbelief. Her feet were planted on the ground and her eyes moved back and forth between the siren hungry for blood and Klaus evading her reckless jabs.

Lilura threw the stake, which sailed a few centimeters away from the Original's ears.

He grinned at her, "How pathetic."

Without a moment to waste, the tables turned. Klaus swiftly grabbed the stake and sped to Lilura.

Lilura felt herself being slammed onto the ground. The ceiling and chandelier floated in her half closed vision and the sound of Sirius yelps buzzed in her ear.