XXIX - 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔞𝔫 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔥

(edited)

SHE HAD NEVER SEEN HANDS MORE SICKLY AND WHITE

Silence. Unabridged and complete silence settled among the three people scattered across the eerie tomb. No one dared to say a word. No one dared to breathe.

And then feebly, from the corner behind the tomb, the Siren coughed.

"What have you done?" She said.
Her hands were shaking. She couldn't tell if it was just the reflection of the moonlight, but she swore her hands had drained themselves or any color. The golden blood that leaked out of her pores was also gone, evaporated into thin air. Her head felt heavy and her eyes fluttered with the strain to keep them open.

The mirror lay discarded at her side, trapped in her fingers. A slight turn of Lilura's head and she could see it all.

Monster. Bloodless monster.

Cold anger and bile rising. "What have you done, Esther?"

The witch laughed. She cackled.
"Yes, yes!"

Alaric crept closer to the Siren, "I think you shouldn't -" He gestured to her clamping fist. His intentions could have been innocent, but Lilura paid no mind.

Instead, she clenched her fingers and the mirror broke.

Alaric retreated without another word. "Ok," He said. "Never mind."

Esther placed a soft hand on the enchantress' shoulder.

"Don't be ashamed, Siren," She hissed. "After all, you were born looking this way."

And to Esther's proclamation, two empty and pupil-less white eyes stared back at her.

---- Δ ----

"Hey there, Captain!"

Judas halted at the gym doors. He spun around, rubbing his neck self-consciously.

"Is it really that bad?" He asked Bonnie with a childish pout.

"No. No. It's not bad at all," Bonnie stifled her giggles. "You just were born to embody sexy pirate."

"Haha," He held up a finger and pointed to the girl, recognizing the sarcasm in her voice. "This was the only thing in my closet, ok?" The young hunter grumbled. "Who are you here with tonight, B?"

There it was again, Bonnie thought. Damn you, Judas Mikaelson.

She had forgotten about him. She really had, but then he had wiggled himself back into the crevices of her consciousness. And no matter how hard she tried to shake him off, Judas Mikaelson would still be there in her heart.