XXVIII - 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥𝔩𝔶 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔰

(edited)

"YOUR MOTHER IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS, AND I DON'T MEAN THAT IN A GOOD WAY

"YOUR MOTHER IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS, AND I DON'T MEAN THAT IN A GOOD WAY."

Judas rubbed his eyes, crows feet crinkling at the edges. "I hardly think it's time to make jokes at her expense, or is that your way of coping with her lunacy, dad?"

Klaus blanched at the title before peering over his easle to look at the young man. He was painting the dark-haired Mikaelson, creating a picture that was strikingly similar to the real person; he captured his son's vitality and mischievous green eyes.

"Stay still," He said, paintbrush in the air. "Your constant fidgeting makes me want to take this canvas and wack you with it."

Judas nodded, "Alright. Alright. It's just Bonnie and I have been searching through literally every grimiore available on alter egos. Nothing. Nada. It's as if someone's hiding the answer."

"That's ridiculous," said Rebekah, sliding over to her brother. "There's bound to be something."

Klaus completely disregarded his sister's remark. "What took you so long?"

She sighed and turned to Judas and gestured to Klaus. "Take a good look at what I have to deal with everyday."

Then, she continued, leaving no space for Klaus' coming denial.
"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?" queried Klaus dubiously.

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

"Might as well," He mumbled, breaking the stake in half and tossing one part to Judas. "Aim for the fireplace and not my head, would you?"

"No promises," The boy winked.

"Well that's that then," Rebekah mused as the weapon burned.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving."

"Today?" asked a slack-jawed Judas Mikaelson.

"Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and Lilura, and then be off by sunset," shrugged the Original.

Judas crossed his arms, contemplating whether he should say something as Rebekah pouted.
He knew Klaus Mikaelson liked to make others believe that he was hopelessly indifferent to everything. But after spending a considerable amount of time with the Hybrid, Judas had seen the simple lie in that façade.