XIX - 𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔫𝔢𝔯 & 𝔞 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔭𝔱.2

(edited)

"BY THE POWER INVESTED ME, I BANISH YOU, DEMON!"

"BY THE POWER INVESTED ME, I BANISH YOUDEMON!"

Esther Mikaelson almost wished she was back in the coffin as she watched her grandson hold up two crossed fingers to symbolize the crucifix.

As if that would get rid of her. 

"For the millionth time," She said. "I'm not a demon."

"You sure look like one," He retorted, peeking at her with familiar green eyes. When she glared harder, he settled down. 

"Enough," Esther commanded. "Do you know who I am?"

"Esther Mikaelson, my good old grandmother. How is that hip, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I never had a problem with it, foolish boy," She snapped. "Your parents, where are they?"

"Uh.. Claire's up in New York and Donny is probably in the garage. Why?"

"Not those parents," Esther pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Oh. My real parents," Judas scoffed. "Yeah. They're a little bit busy not caring in their huge mansion."

"Perfect," The witch smiled slowly. "Take me to them."

---- Δ ----

"So, why don't we move this evening along and discuss the terms of this proposal?" Elijah started.

"That's very simple. Klaus gets his coffin back, in exchange, he and the Original extended family leave Mystic Falls forever. Me, Stefan, and Elena live happily ever after. No grudges," Damon smiled fakely.

"The deal sounds fair, brother," Elijah offered.

"I don't think you understand. Elena's doppelgänger blood insures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind," Klaus said.

He got out of his chair and started to pace back and forth. "Let's say I do leave her here, under your protection, what then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire? Or worse, how long before she dies caught between your feuding? You see, each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her, and that is simply a delusion. Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is...the two of you."

"Ain't that the sorry truth!" Lilura toasted, drinking the entire bottle of champagne.

Apparently, Klaus' speech had gotten to Damon, so the older Salvatore grinned weakly and excused himself.