Chapter 4

Mal's POV

'Well, I better get going now,' I said.

It was almost 9 pm and I was still hanging with Ben in his dorm.

'Aww, please just a few more minutes,' Ben begged me with his big irresistible puppy eyes.

'You know what Fairy Godmother told us,' I told him, trying to look stern. 'And I don't want to get in trouble.'

'But that happened on our honeymoon, not here,' he whined.

'Okay, if you'd like to tell Fairy Godmother that, be my guest,' I said.

'Haha, very funny Bertha,' he said rolling his eyes.

'Aww, did I hurt Florian's feelings,' I teased him and hugged him.

'Yeah, so now you have to stay here with me to make up for what you did,' he said like a little child with a big grin on his face.

I wanted to reply when suddenly the door opened and Carlos came running in.

'Oh good, you're here. Help me hide from Jay!' He said out of breath.

'Why... what did h- you know what, I don't wanna know. Hide under the bed and I'll take care of Jay,' I told him.

'Carlos! I know you're here!' Jay said bursting into Ben's dorm.

'Show yourself, or I'll come get you myself!' Jay yelled

'Jay! He's not here,' I said, but Jay could always see when you're lying.

'Don't you lie to me! Where is he?' He yelled.

I rolled my eyes and pointed under the bed.'Drama queen,' I mumbled to myself.

'I heard that,' he said, walking towards the bed.

He crouched down by the bed and looked under it.

'Mal! You said you would take care of him!' Carlos yelled.

'Well, it was either you or me. And I go for you then,' I said grinning.

Ben just stood beside me, watching it all happen. For us, this was usual; Jay chasing behind Carlos. It had always been like this. It was still funny though.

Jay pulled Carlos out from under the bed.

'And now you tell where it is!' He yelled.

'Gee, you don't have to yell. I'm right before you,' Carlos said back.

'Just tell me!' Jay shouted.

'Okay okay. It's under my bed,' he said.

'Thank you. Was that so hard to say?' Jay asked and let go of Carlos. 'Now, I'm out. See ya tomorrow!' He said and ran back to their dorm.

'What was that all about?' Ben asked.

'You don't wanna know,' I told him.

'But what are you still doing here? If I were you I should go back to your dorm, before Fairy Godmother finds out you're still here,' Carlos asked me.

'Oh please. And what then, huh?' I said shrugging my shoulders.

'Uhm, she can send you back to the Isle,' Carlos told me.

'Carlos. I'm the queen. I can send her there if I'd want to,' I told him.

He looked up in surprise.

'You can really do that?' He asked.

I looked him straight in the eyes for a while. 'No,' I said laughing.'But you should've seen your face.'