Chapter 19

3th POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was already bad enough she was pregnant, but this time one thing was different...

it wasn't Ben's...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day after Audrey had been arrested, the coronation was already. Evie had been stressing about what dress Mal was gonna wear, but luckily she had a lot of dresses for Mal she had made over the years.

She picked a long light purple/almost white silky gown, decorated with little golden flowers. Her hair was pulled back in a beautiful low bun and in her hair were also golden flowers that matched the ones on her gown.

Evie went over to Mal to get her ready and when Mal was ready she went back to her dorm to get ready herself.

'Mal!' Ben called through the hallway of their castle. 'Are you ready to go?!'

He didn't get an answer back. 'Mal?!'

Still nothing. He sighed, then just walk all the way up. When he opened the door to their bedroom, he saw Mal sitting on the edge of the bed, staring to the ground.

'Mal?' Ben asked. 'Are you coming? The ceremony is in an hour.'

Mal looked up from the ground. 'Uhm, yeah, I'm coming.'

'Are you okay? You seem a little pale and like you just saw a ghost,' Ben said.

'Everything's fine,' Mal said quickly and stood up from the bed. 'Let's just go.'

'You sure there's nothing?' Ben asked her.

'Yes, I'm sure,' she said.

'Alright then,' Ben said, not fully believing what she said. 'Let's go.'

_______________________________________________________________________________

After the big ceremony, there was a huge after party at Mal and Ben's castle and everywhere in in the streets of Auradon were parties to celebrate the return of their rightful king and queen.

Mal had been aloof all night and that didn't go unnoticed by Ben.

'Mal, can you please tell me what's wrong?' he asked her, after he pulled her away from the crowded ballroom into a deserted hallway.

'Ben, I already told you, I'm fine,' she tried to assure him. 'There's nothing wrong, okay.'

But he didn't buy it of course. 'Stop lying and just talk to me,' he told her. 'You don't have to keep everything to yourself, maybe I can help you.'

'No, Ben, you can't help me,' she told him, with tears coming up in her eyes. 'I screwed up bad this time and there's nothing you can do to help me.' She said and with that ran away back to the ballroom.

'Mal, wait! Come back!' he yelled and ran after her to the ballroom, but had lost her in the big crowd of people.

After he had searched the whole ballroom for her, he gave up and sat down on a chair in the corner of the room with his head in his hands.

'Hey, Ben,' Evie said, followed by his other friends. 'What's wrong? Where's Mal?'

'I don't know what's wrong,' he said looking at his friends. 'That's the whole problem. I tried to talk to her, but she said that she screwed up bad and there's nothing I can do to help her and then she just ran away and I don't know where she is.'