Chapter 8

Mal's POV

And so, the next day I was back at school. I saw Audrey glaring at me from the front of the classroom. I just ignored that brat as always and opened my fairy tales textbook.

I really liked this subject now, all fairy tales of mine and my friends' parents have been examined (Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Aladdin, 101 Dalmatians). So now I could actually enjoy this, without constantly getting stared at by other students.

'Welcome back, class. So, we've started with the fairy tale of Peter Pan. In the midterms week you'll get a test of this fairy tale, so please pay attention,' mrs Delvon said.

I had of course missed a few lessons, but I'll catch up on that later.

'Today, we're gonna learn about the villain in the story: Captain Hook,' she said. 'So who maybe knows something about him already?'

I of course knew a few things about him. In fact, I met him. And I knew his son also quite well...

I cautiously raised my hand.

'Yes, Mal,' mrs Delvon said surprised, since I had never before said a single word in her class.

(v not important, just summary about captain hook v)

'Uhm well, his full name is James Hook. The name refers to the hook, that replaces his right hand which was cut off by Peter Pan himself. The hand was thereafter eaten by the crocodile, who really liked the taste of James' hand and wanted more of him. But James always knew when the crocodile was nearby, cause of the ticking alarm clock that he swallowed and ever since ticked in the body of the crocodile. James was the captain of the brig "The Jolly Roger". Mr Smee was his trusty sidekick on board and nowadays still is, but then on the Isle since the Jolly Roger is now taken by Uma and her pirate gang. Until about twenty years ago, James lived in Neverland. But now he's imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost, where he also became father of his now 17 y/o not well beloved son Harry Hook, first mate on the Jolly Roger and loyal to Uma,' I told the class, thinking all the way back to youth on the Isle.

Mrs Delvon looked proudly at me. 'Well done, Mal. Even some things I didn't actually know myself,' she praised me, as I smiled back at her.

Audrey turned to me with an angry looking face. When she turned back, she whispered something to the girl sitting next to her and they both laughed. Some people just never change...

'How did you know all that?' Ben asked surprised.

'Harry actually told me a lot of stories about James. But I actually thought this was general knowledge. The stories he told me were way more, well, exciting...' I told him.

'Why do you call him James?' he asked.

'Whenever Harry talked about him, he always called him James so I did too,' I said.

'So, you and Harry were pretty close, huh?' he asked cautiously.

'Yeah, we were... I still don't get how he became the person he is today, he used to be so kind...' I said thinking back at my childhood with him.

'I can't imagine him being kind. He's so cruel and mean, I mean he raped y- uh I- I mean...' he said but immediately stopped talking after that last sentence.

I went pale and looked down. 'I- I know. I shouldn't be talking about him anyway.'

'No no no, Mal, I shouldn't have mentioned it. I'm so sorry,' he quickly told me.

'I- it's okay. It's all in the past now, nothing more than memories,' I said, smiling innocently at him.

He smiled back and nodded. 'Yeah, indeed. Just memories...' 

'Okay class, let's move on. We're gonna look at the childhood of this villain and...'

___________________________________________________________________________

Ben's POV

Okay, I remember her first pregnancy quite well, and especially her "eating habits". But this time it's like ten times worse than last time.

'You sure you wanna eat that?' Carlos asked disgusted by the sight of Mal's plate.

She had a slice of bread with peanut butter on it, on top of that pickles and cheese and lastly mayonnaise. Just why...? O my god.

'Why not?' she asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.

'Cause that's just gross...' Jay said with a disgusted look on his face, like everyone.

'Ever tried it?' she asked, reaching it out to Jay.

'No, thank you...' he said, pushing it back to her.

She shrugged her shoulders and took another bite of her sandwich.

O god, this is what we have to deal with for the upcoming 8 months.

___________________________________________________________________________

Mal's POV

The last two weeks were unbelievably hectic. Everyone was studying till far after midnight, running through the campus to ask teachers last minute questions or whatever, looking for books in the library and then finally making the actual exams.

When the bell rang as sign that the last exam was over, everyone literally ran cheering out of the classroom to meet their friends and celebrate the beginning of the holidays.

In the evening we met each other in the entrance hall of the school and from there we went to downtown Auradon City. When we went outside it began to snow and in no time everything was covered with a thick layer of perfect white snow.

We grabbed some dinner in a cozy little restaurant. We were freezing outside, but when we stepped inside the warmth came flowing to us. We seated on a table right before the fireplace, at a wooden round table. In the restaurant reigned a very pleasant atmosphere. The cheerful chattering people, the cosy ambiance and the snow and lights outside made it feel like it was already Christmas.

After a long evening but great night, we all walked back through the with snow covered small streets of Auradon. Everywhere you looked, every building, every street, was decorated with lights and other Christmas decorations. In the middle of the big square of Auradon City was a huge Christmas tree, where every year was held a Christmas market during the holidays.

When we arrived at Auradon Prep, Ben and I said goodbye to our friends and got in a limo to go to our castle. We had brought our suitcases to the castle earlier this day. Ben and I were gonna spend these whole two weeks of vacation in our castle, just the two of us.

Evie was going with Doug to the forest to spend the holidays with his parents and all his 6 uncles. Jay and Lonnie had to catch an early flight tomorrow to China. And Carlos was going with Jane and Fairy Godmother to Cinderella and Prince Charming's castle to celebrate the holidays with them and their son Chad. Poor Carlos.

___________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

So here's finally chapter 8. :D

I'm so sorry it took so long, but I've been on a school trip for one week and now the finals are coming up in like two weeks so school is ceeping me quite busy lately. But it's also almost summer vacation yesss.

And thank y'all so much for 5k reads on the first book omg!!! 🖤

So yeah, I promise to keep the story going and I'll see ya next time! :)

Don't be afraid to vote or leave a comment and don't forget to follow me!

xxx Pava