Chapter 15

3th POV

'Audrey?! What the hell are you doing?!' Ben exclaimed when he opened the door.

Audrey was holding Mal in a tight grip with a knife pressed to her throat (like in the picture above). Mal tried to make eyecontact with Ben, but couldn't as her head was pushed back.

'Something I should've done a long time ago,' she said smirking.

'No, Audrey stop!' Ben said freaking out, walking to them.

'If you come one step closer, she's dead!' she threatened while Ben quickly put Clara down on the bed.

'Audrey, please...' Ben tried.

'Save it!' she snapped at him. 'She took everything from me! I was supposed to be the queen! But she spelled you and you- you didn't even care! You just married this bitch instead of me!'

This was probably as mad as Ben had ever seen her and let me tell you, he had seen her plenty mad.

He looked at Mal and could see the fear she had in her eyes.

'Audrey, you know just as well as me that the only reason you ever dated me was because you wanted to be queen. You never loved me and I never loved you. That's how it is,' he told her.

'That's so not true!' she exclaimed looking straight into his eyes. 'I truly loved you and still do and I know you do too. And I don't know what she did to you to make you fall in love with her, but just get back to your senses. We are meant to be. We had been together since before we could talk. We're perfect for each other, but you just threw it all away like it was nothing.'

'No, Audrey, we aren't meant to be. Your family just got that shit into your head. They've been telling you your whole life that you must and shall be queen. But maybe it's time to start thinking yourself and learn that you can be something you really want... to be with someone you really love. Not what your parents want. What we had was fake, it was just for the perfect picture the people had in mind.'

Audrey looked like she was about to explode, but kept herself from it.

'Whatever. It's not true, but if you don't want to believe me and face the truth we'll play a different game,' she said.

Ben just looked at her without saying anything, waiting for her to continue.

'Okay, so here's the deal. If you make me your queen, she's free to go. But if you don't, you can kiss your queen goodbye,' she said smirking.

'You'd never do that,' Ben said, trying to hide his fear.

'Watch me,' she said pressing the knife harder to Mal's throat.

Ben could hear Mal's breathing getting heavier as she struggled more and more with breathing.

'Ben- please just take her as your queen... please,' Mal said almost choking in her words.

'What. No- Mal...' he said.

'Please Ben...' she begged him.

'Just listen to your precious little queen, you dumbass,' Audrey said smirking.

'But...' he began and looked at Mal as tears were bottling up in her eyes.

'3,' Audrey began counting down.

'What?' Ben said confused.

'2,' she said pressing the knife harder to Mal's throat.

'No wait-' he tried.

'1...' she said.

'Okay okay, I'll do it! Just let her go,' he said quickly.

Audrey chuckled. 'Good boy...' she said.