Chapter 11

I've written the whole chapter in 3th POV to see whether that's better, but I'm not sure yet. Well, I'll see about that later.

Another month passed. It was a rainy saturday afternoon when Mal and Ben decided to spend a weekend at their castle. Ben was making some tea in the kitchen while Mal was staring out the window in the main living room. Not just staring at anything. She was staring at her former home, the place she grew up. The place she had so many memories.

'Homesick?' Ben asked walking in with a tray with two cute teacups and a matching teapot on it.

Although tea wasn't really her most favourite drink, she still enjoyed moments like these. Just the two of them, curled up on the couch, drinking some tea in their own castle. Away from the hectic world outside. Away from the crowded corridors in school. Away from all the way too curious people around them. Away from everyone except each other.

She looked at him while raising an eyebrow and chuckled a little.

'Not exactly,' she said reaching for her cup as he handed it to her.

'This is my home now,' she said and took a sip of her tea.

'I find it still weird, though, to think this castle is really ours. I mean, we haven't even been in most part of the castle yet,' he said.

'I know right. I still don't really understand why we need so much room for just the two of us,' she said.

Ben shook his head, but then a big grin appeared on his face.

'Wait a minute. Why don't we redecorate our castle. I mean, we could do whatever we want with this place,' he said.

'You mean we could make a game hall and a cinema and ohhh an indoor swimming pool!' she said excited.

Ben laughed. 'Yeah, for example.'

And so they hired a professional architect and interior designer to make from their ordinary castle their own castle.

After the weekend they had to leave for two weeks for a business trip to Corona and after that they go for another two weeks to Agrabah (with one day at home in between). After that the castle should be finished.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Sunday was a busy day for both. They had first an early morning council meeting, after that they had to attend the opening for the new retirement home in downtown Auradon City, in the late afternoon they had a lot of paperwork to do and in the evening they finally had to pack for their trip.

Luckily Ben didn't have to do anything alone anymore. All his "king stuff" had turned into "king and queen stuff". They were both happy about that, this way they could spend more time together and Ben didn't have to do anything all by himself anymore.

'Found it!' Evie said holding up the phone charger.

Mal ran out the bathroom. 'O thank god!'

'Do you have everything now?' Evie asked.

'Hope so,' Mal responded and closed her suitcase.

'Now I have to miss you again,' Evie said pouting.

'It's not that long, only two weeks,' she assured her best friend.

'Yeah, and then you'll be back for one day and then you'll be gone for another two weeks,' she told her with a sad tone in her voice.

She had a point though, Ben and Mal had to go abroad a lot. Although, two weeks in a row wasn't really usual. Normally they went for like two to five days, so once or sometimes twice a month.