Chapter 6

BEFORE READING: this chapter is based on an episode of friends, not exactly the same, but just the same, well, plot. So if you recognise something, then you know why.

AND ONE MORE THING: don't immediately believe what is said and done in this chapter... 

Mal's POV

After a few days the staring and whispering faded. Also the measures of Fairy Godmother to keep "unwelcome visitors" out, were working out quite well. Even when Ben and I had to go to a meeting or something outside the campus, the paparazzi didn't get a chance to talk to us.

___________________________________________________________________________

Jay's POV

I had detention with Mal once again today. It sounds worse than it is. If something is no fun, you gotta make it fun.

'Okay everyone, that was detention for today. And remember; behave or you'll sit here again tomorrow,' mr Johnson said sternly. 'You can go now.'

All students ran out of the classroom and Mal and I went to her dorm. We were about to sit down, when Evie and Doug entered the room, yelling and shouting at each other.

'Oh just shut the fuck up!' Evie yelled at him.

'So, it's my fault now huh?!' he yelled back.

Mal and I were frozen for a few seconds. Doug and Evie fighting? That's uhm, well, new. Mal quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me into the bathroom.

'What are they fighting about?! It's not like them,' I asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders. 'I don't know. But it sounds pretty serious.'

After an hour, they were still fighting. I had settled myself on the toilet and Mal was sitting on the bath.

'How long are they gonna keep doing this?' I asked with a sigh.

'I don't know, but they better be done before dinner,' she said.

Yeah she's right, I'm already starving. It was silent for a while...

'Oh shoot! Now I've a nosebleed, ugh. Can you give me some toilet paper, please?' Mal asked, holding her nose and looking up.

I looked beside me for the toilet paper, but someone apparently used it all. So I looked in the pail and fished an used piece toilet paper out of it. I gave it to her and she just used it, since she didn't see where it came from.

'Can I have another one, please,' she asked, with her nose up while holding a paper saturated with blood on it.

'Sure,' I said and searched in the pail for another one. 'Want some floss?' I asked, fishing a dental floss out of it and let it fall to the ground.

'O my god...' he suddenly said, and took something out of the pail.

'What? What's wrong?' she asked, still looking up with that soaked wap onto my nose.

'It's... it's a pregnancy test... ' she now lowered her head to see it. 'And it's positive...' she looked at me with an open mouth.

'Evie's pregnant...' I said silently. 'D-do you think that's why they're fighting?' I asked.

'I don't think so,' she said, obviously confused.

'O my god... No no no no no... This can't be...' she said totally shocked.

'You know what, we gotta get out of here. I can't take it in here any longer,' I said and grabbed her hand and ran out of the bathroom, dragging Mal behind me.