Chapter 16

3th POV (whole chapter's in 3th POV)

'Ben!' Belle called as she walked into Ben and Mal's dorm.

'Mom? Is that you?' Ben called back from the bathroom.

'Yes, it's me,' she said.

He quickly walked out of the bathroom in his sweatpants and without a shirt.

'Hey mom, what are you doing here this late?' he asked.

'Aren't you gonna put on a shirt or something?' she asked him.

'Not before you tell me what you're doing here,' he said.

She sighed. 'Where's Mal?'

'In the bathroom with Elsie,' he said. 'But she's almost done.'

Just then Mal came walking out of the bathroom with Clara in her arms.

'Hey Belle, what are you doing here this late?' she asked sitting down on the bed while rocking Clara in her arms.

'I needed to talk to you about something,' she said.

'What's wrong?' Ben asked concerned as he sat down beside Mal.

'Uhm, I- I think your father is up to something,' she said while pacing around the room.

'What d'you mean?' Ben asked.

'He's keeping something from me. Someone keeps calling him but nobody's allowed to hear their conversations. And last night a girl was in our castle and they walked to his study, I didn't see her but I heard by her voice that it was a girl and she sounded familiar. I tried to overhear them but I couldn't hear anything they were saying,' she explained while still pacing around nervously.

'Wait, a girl? You're 100% sure it was a girl?' Ben asked.

'Yes... why?' she said.

Ben and Mal looked at each other. 'Audrey,' they said in unison.

'What?' Belle asked confused.

They finally told everything that had happened with Audrey the day before.

'She did not!' Belle exclaimed shocked dropping her mouth. 'But... w- where is she now?'

'We don't know, we haven't seen her since that happened. But we think she might be that girl who was in your castle,' Ben said.

'You think Adam and Audrey are teaming up?' Belle asked.

'Well... yeah, I mean they both don't like the fact that y'know... Mal's the queen and all, so it could be...' he confessed.

'This is bad, this is really bad,' Belle said sitting down on a chair with her hands in her hair.

'Mom... everything will be fine,' Ben tried to assure his mom although he didn't really seem to believe his own words.

'You'll see.'

_______________________________________________________________________________

The next day came and that afternoon Ben and Mal were studying hard for their finals, when all of a sudden the tv switched on.

"Attention all citizens of Auradon!" a voice shouted from the tv.

Ben and Mal looked up from their books, startled by the sudden loud voice.

"Here is an announcement from princess Audrey Briar (I know it's not her real last name, but I couldn't find her last name so I took Briar as in Rose Briar, yknow a different name for Aurora, it just sounds like a good last name to me so just go with it)" and that's when Audrey appeared on the screen.