Chapter 7

Evie POV

We were sitting in our usual place, only Ben and Mal weren't here. Carlos, Jay and I had just told Jane and Lonnie what had happened and they both were just as shocked as we were.

No one was talking. We were just staring at our food, while poking in it with our forks.

Suddenly I saw someone sitting down next to me. I looked up and saw Ben.

'Hey Ben, where's Mal?' Evie asked when she saw me.

'She went to her dorm. She said she'd be here in a few minutes, but I'm doubting she's actually coming,' Ben said gloomy.

You could see he had been crying, he had big bags under his eyes and his eyes were red of tears.

'Did you talk to her?' I asked.

'Barely,' he said, also poking in his food with his fork.

You could see he was still trying to hold back the tears. He stood up and left the cafeteria, without having eaten anything.

___________________________________________________________________________

Evie's POV

When I walked into the dorm, I saw Mal sleeping on her bed. I sat down at the end of her bed and read the book we had to read for English class, until she finally woke up.

She yawned and sat up. 'Oh, hi E,' she said drowsily.

'Hey M,' I said back with a little smile.

'What time is it?' she asked, rubbing her eyes.

I looked at my watch. 'Uhm, almost eleven,' I told her.

'M, you need to eat something,' I said, handing her a sandwich that I secretly brought with me from the cafeteria.

'I'm not hungry,' she said.

'M, please, you need to eat. You're eating for two now, remember?' I told her.

'Alright then,' she said and begrudgingly took the sandwich. I was surprised she gave in this easily, she's pretty stubborn usually.

'So, you ready to talk about it?' I asked cautiously.

She looked at me and instantly said 'no.'

I nodded and looked to the ground.

'Now?' I asked literally one second later, looking up again.

'No,' she told me, about to lose her temper.

'I really think you should. Maybe it'll help, instead of keeping all your feelings and thoughts to yourself,' I said.

'E, I said no! You've no idea how hard this is for me!' she yelled standing up from her bed, with tears in her eyes.

'That's why you need to talk about it,' I said calmly.

'There's nothing to talk about, okay! I'm pregnant, the end,' she yelled.

'But you don't want to, so- ,' I began, but she cut me off.

'No, indeed, I don't want to! But there's nothing I can do to change it!' she yelled.

'You know that there is...' I said, still staying calm under her yelling.

'Yeah, but I'm not doing that,' she said.

'Why not?' I asked.

'That's none of your business,' she said snippy

'But-,' I began.

'No, Evie. No buts. I'm not gonna do that, deal with it,' she told me.

'Okay okay...' I mumbled.