Chapter 20

3th POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they got back at school, lunchbreak had just begun.

'Hey guys,' Evie said.

Mal and Ben sat down as their friends looked at them.

'So?' Carlos asked. 'Is it- is it gone?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Well...' Mal started. 'I- I couldn't...'

'What?!' they all exclaimed.

'So... you're still pregnant?' Evie asked.

Mal nodded.

'But then- you're really gonna raise that baby?' Lonnie asked.

'No no no,' Ben said quickly. 'We're gonna put it up for adoption.'

'But- then... what are you gonna tell the people when they find out?' Evie asked still in shock.

'That, uh, we don't know...' Mal said.

It was quiet for a little while.

'I maybe know something,' Doug said suddenly. 'You could say you're a surrogate for someone really close to you.'

'At my age?' Mal questioned.

'Well, you do have experience in the pregnancy field, so it isn't that weird though,' Lonnie said.

'Hmm, that's a good one,' Ben said.

'But isn't it weird if someone would ask someone who's in high school to do that for them?' Jay asked. 'I mean, that doesn't really make sense.'

'Not everything in life has to make sense,' Carlos said shrugging his shoulders. 'And who cares, if the people don't believe it, that's their problem, they ain't gonna get another explanation.'

'So, you sure you wanna do that?' Evie asked.

'I think we don't have more options, so let's just go with that,' Mal said.

'When are you gonna tell the people?' Doug asked.

'Uhm, I think I'll let Lumière plan a press conference for this afternoon,' Ben told them.

'M, you're only making it more difficult this way...' Evie said.

'I know, E,' she said. 'I really wish I would've just done it, but I couldn't, okay. I was having a major panic attack and then the doctor told me that it was maybe better this way.'

'We've discussed this for a long long time, and we agreed this was the best option,' Ben said.

Mal slightly nodded. 'Ya...'

_______________________________________________________________________________

After school Ben and Mal went to Fairy Godmother to explain the situation and luckily she took it better than last time.

Then they called Ben's mom to explain what was going on. As she was a really empathetic women, she took it good as well.

Then lastly it was time to tell the people of Auradon. Ben, as always, explained everything to the press as Mal stood nervously beside him.

They walked out of the conference room and got in their limo that would bring them back to school.

That night at eight the news would be broadcasted on national tv.