Chapter 14

3th POV

Four more weeks went by and Mal was getting pretty close to the due date. Although she had been stressing about it for weeks already, nobody had really noticed it. But now, two weeks before the due date, Evie began to notice that she was acting differently.

Evie entered their dorm after a busy school day (tuesday) and saw Mal sitting at the table with her head on the table while quietly snoring.

'Mal!' Evie said loud enough to wake her up.

Mal shot up from the table and the paper her head had been resting on sticked on her forehead. She took the paper from her forehead and put it on the table.

'O, hey E,' she said sleepy.

'M, you're supposed to sleep in your bed, not on the table,' Evie told her best friend.

'O, ya, I was just making some homework, but I guess I fell asleep,' she said sheepishly.

Evie sighed and sat down on a chair beside her.

'Okay, M, listen. You really need to take better care of yourself. Fairy Godmother didn't give you these free periods to make homework, but to get some rest,' she told her.

'I know I know,' Mal said grabbing her pen again, but Evie grabbed it out of her hand and put it on the table.

'No, you clearly don't. Don't you think I've noticed that you aren't sleeping at night? And that you don't eat enough? And you've been really aloof, like your mind is never in the same place as you are. What's going on?' she asked her concerned.

'I- I'm just really scared, y'know cause it's getting so close now,' she confessed.

'M, I promise you, everything will be fine. I mean, Belle and Beast can't put her up for adoption again so-' she said, but Mal cut her off.

'No no no, that's not what I'm talking about,' she said.

'Then what?' Evie asked.

'I've been constantly thinking about everything that could go wrong, y'know like a miscarriage. And, E, you have to realize that this isn't my first time. I have experience and what I remember from last time is mostly the pain. Really, it is even more painful than it looks,' she told her.

'Is that what you're worrying about? M, as hard as it will be, remember that you'll get through it, okay. And we're all here for you, you know that,' Evie assured her friend.

'It's easy for you to say, you don't have to go through it,' Mal said.

'Well, someday I probably will go through this too,' she said.

'No, now you're a little confused I think. I was 16-17 when I was pregnant last time and the doctor said that my body wasn't ready for it but I made it through. Now I'm 17-18 and the doctor said the same as last time, but now there was also another problem cause my body absolutely wasn't healed from my last pregnancy, since between the end of my first pregnancy and the beginning of this one were only like two months. I wasn't ready for this, but my body even less,' Mal pointed out. 'But when you're gonna be pregnant in like 10-15 years your body is ready for it and you'll be too. That's the difference.'

'Why didn't you tell me that?' Evie stammered. 'I'm so sorry...'

'Nah, it's okay. There's no going back anymore now, I just really have to stop stressing about it this much,' she said and yawned.

'Okay, you know what, you put on your pj's and get some sleep. I'll tell Ben that you're not gonna work today, okay? He'll understand,' Evie said.

'But I can't let Ben do all the work by himself!' Mal protested.