Chapter 10

Ben's POV

'Maybe I should just get an abortion...' she said quietly.

I looked at her in shock.

'What...?' I stammered, wondering if that was really what she just said.

Before any of us could say anything else, my parents came walking in.

'You said you'd be here at 6,' I said. 'You're like 2 and a half hours early.'

'Yeah, the clinic called that we could come earlier, so are you coming?' my mom asked.

'No, we-,' I began, but got cut off by Mal.

'Yes, we are,' she said, standing up from the chair.

'Mal, what are y-' I stammered, but I got cut off again, this time by my dad.

'Okay then, let's go. Don't wanna be late,' my dad said, quite surprised.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ben's POV

Everyone was totally quiet during the ride to the clinic. I still couldn't believe what just had happened. I couldn't believe what she just said and what she was about to do.

In the waiting room was a deathly silence, until we were called. Luckily I was allowed to go with Mal. First they had to do some last checkups and during that I saw Mal freaking out more and more. When they were finally done with the tests, they let us alone for a few minutes.

Mal and I sat down on two chairs next to the door. I looked at Mal and she was turning really pale now.

'Mal? Are you okay?' I asked her, laying a hand on her shoulder.

She looked at me and clearly wanted to say something, but instead she broke down.

'B- Ben... I- I can't do this,' she said crying.

I pulled her onto my lap, letting her curl up with her face buried in my chest.

'You know I didn't want you to... you know you don't have to,' I told her, while rubbing circles on her back.

'I- I know, but I-,' she said through her sobbing, but I already knew what she was about to say, so I cut her off.

'No, Mal listen, you're way more important than me being king. I'd never want you to do something you're not comfortable with, not to mention when it's because of my parents,' I told her.

'Ben, don't you get it? It's better for everyone if I'll just do it. I mean, we can't raise a child. Where will he/she live, we can't keep him/her in our dorms! Besides, we're the king and queen, we're always working or in school or abroad. Next week for example we're going to Arendelle and a few weeks later we're going to Agrabah. We have no time to take care of a child, Ben,' she told me, sitting up.

'I know I know, you're totally right. But you gotta realize that this is a huge decision and you should only do what think is right, not what others tell you. If you'll do it with a bad feeling, you'll probably feel bad about it for the rest of your life. And this will sound really cliché, but just do as your heart tells you and follow your gut,' I told her. 'So, what is your heart telling you?'

It was quiet for a few seconds.

'Not to do it,' she said finally.

'Then you're not gonna do it,' I said and wiped another tear off her cheek.

'Then what are we gonna tell your parents?' she asked.

'I know something...' I told her.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Mal's POV

We arrived at school a little before dinner, so we went directly to the cafeteria. Our friends were also there.

'Hey guys,' we said and sat down with them.

'Hey, where have you two been all afternoon?' Carlos asked. 'You've been gone for hours.'

'At the abortion clinic,' Mal said nonchalant.

Everyone stared at them with wide eyes and open mouth.

'Y- you what now?' Evie stammered raising her eyebrows.

'Are you serious?' Jane asked.

'Yeah, Ben's parents wanted me to get an abortion, cause otherwise they'd kick us off the throne,' I told them.

'Your parents can actually do that?' Jay asked full unbelieve.

'Yes they can, within 3 years of our reign. So only one year longer now,' Ben said.

'So, you just got an abortion because they wanted you to do so?' Evie asked.

'I never said I got an abortion,' I told them.

They all looked confused at me.

'We went to that clinic, but then I realized that I didn't want that so I didn't do it,' I told them.

'So now you aren't king and queen anymore?' Jay asked, not fully understanding.

'No, we still are,' Ben said.

They all looked at us with questioning faces.

'We lied to my parents, we told them she did get an abortion,' Ben explained.

'Wait, so they think Mal isn't pregnant anymore, but she actually still is?' Evie asked confused.

'Exactly,' Ben and I said in unison.

'You do know that they'll find out sooner or later?' Evie asked.

'Yes we know. But I just realized that although they can stop our reign, they would never just do that,' he said.

'Why not?' Doug asked.

'Cause the people are gonna ask questions. I mean, I don't want to brag, but we're a very beloved king and queen so kicking us off the throne would only cause more trouble,' he explained.

'Ahh yeah, you've got an point,' Lonnie said.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Evie's POV

'M, are you sure you made the right decision?' I asked my best friend, who was almost falling asleep.

It was a while after midnight and we were laying in bed. Mal was almost falling asleep, but I couldn't.

'What are you talking about?' she asked drowsy.

'Today at the abortion clinic. Are you sure you made the right decision?' I asked again.

'E, it's past midnight and I'm tired. Just go to sleep,' she said grouchy.

I was quiet for a while.

'But what made you change your mind?' I asked her, staring at the ceiling.

Mal growled. 'Just give it a rest!'

'Okay okay...' I whispered.

It was again quiet for a while.

'But what if-' I began, but Mal cut me off.

'Tomorrow!' she said mad.

'Okay okay fine,' I said reluctantly.

'Thank you,' she said. 'Now, goodnight.'

'Goodnight,' I said back disappointed and sighed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Hi everyone!

This wasn't a really good chapter (sorry for that), but the next one will be longer and hopefully better. I hope you still enjoyed it! :)

And thanks y'all for 1k reads on this book!!! <3

Don't be afraid to leave a comment or vote and I'll see ya next time!

xxx Pava