Chapter 17

3th POV

"Hereby I declare you King Chad Charming and Queen Audrey Briar," Fairy Godmother said as loud applause sounded through the chapel.

After a quick not really loveable kiss, Chad and Audrey walked out of the chapel to the golden carriage just like the one Ben and Mal had on their wedding.

Ben turned off the tv and sighed deeply.

'Well, we're officially discharged as king and queen,' he said.

'Maybe you should see it more as a uhm... retirement,' Belle suggested.

'Mom, we're eighteen... we've only worked literally two years,' Ben told his mom while rolling his eyes.

'Well, you've done more in those eighteen years than most people in their whole life,' Belle told them. 'I mean, look at all those villain kids. If you wouldn't have made that proclamation a few years ago, they'd never gotten the chance of a good and fair life. And I'm afraid that Chad and Audrey won't do things like that. They are selfish and arrogant, they won't help others if there's nothing in it for them.'

'I know,' Ben said. 'I don't know what they're planning to do, but one thing's for sure; this won't end well...'

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ben went with his mother to her hotel room to see it for himself. Mal stayed in their dorm with Clara as she didn't feel too well.

She walked to her mother's glass box while rocking Clara in her arms and sat on a chair before it.

'Hi mom,' she greeted her.

She knew she didn't (or wouldn't for as far as she knew) talk back, but was convinced that she could still hear and understand her.

'It's been a while since we've last talked, so here's a little update,' she started.

She talked to her mother so now and then to keep her up to date. Not that her mother would care at all for whatever she had to say, but she did it anyways. A few days after Clara was born she had talked to her too and little did she hope she'd talk back or even show any reaction at all, but for so far nothing.

'Uhm, well, you remember that day that Audrey threatened me and Ben to make her queen because she'd otherwise kill me. Well, now she's officially queen of Auradon. Ben quit being king and now Chad's king, y'know, that stupid son of Cinderella and Prince Charming. And that's not gonna end well, trust me,' she informed her mother.

She was quiet for a while, hoping to get any form of reaction at all. But the little lizard remained quiet and didn't move a toe. She lay curled up in the little green chair, looking into space as her daughter tried to get her to talk.

Mal sighed, stood up and walked to the mini fridge in the corner of the room. She looked inside for some strawberries, but they apparently run out of them.

She put Clara in her crib and went to Evie's dorm to find it empty since everyone was at the wedding.

The whole campus was deserted, the only people who were still here were Mal, Ben and Clara.

Mal checked Evie's mini fridge (Mal had given that her for her birthday) to see that Evie had left a little box with strawberries with a sticky note on it.

"For M

xxx E

ps. u've a serious addiction"

Mal grinned and took the strawberries out of the fridge.

She took a pen and wrote on the sticky note under Evie's note.