➰Chapter Two➰

Chapter Two

I finally spotted the blond guy and the other tall one, walking alongside a slim girl with platinum blonde hair that appeared to be a wig. "There."

Clary nodded once she saw them. "I see them. But how are we supposed to get past the bouncer?"

I bit my bottom lip nervously. "I've got an idea."

We walked up to the bald guy, who appeared to have purple-ish eyes and I forced a smile. "Hello, Big Boy. Do you know where a girl can go have fun in a place like this?"

He smirked. Clary stepped up to him and touched his muscled arms. "Somebody works out... Cool contacts."

The bouncer nodded and pulled the curtain aside, letting us into the V.I.P. area. I didn't think this would work, to be honest.

Jace was standing in the middle of the room, face-to-face with a woman with a high ponytail. "...But you're gonna tell me who is."

"Well, you're outnumbered here." The woman hissed. That's when Jace pulled some sort of sword out and looked as if he was about to pierce right through her.

Clary let out a squeal while I gasped in horror. "Look out!"

Clary hurried next to the woman and pushed her aside. The woman's face contorted into a saw-toothed monster. I let out a scream and watched as Jace pushed Clary aside. "Careful!"

The once-platinum-haired girl unsheathed a blade similar to Jace's, attacking the other grunts there. The tall dude with black hair was shooting at the now visible monsters with his bow and arrow, impressing me with how good an aim he had.

Suddenly, a monster threatened to attack Clary, but Jace and the others were too busy fighting to notice. I spotted a handle from one of the blades on the ground and hurried to pick it up. As soon as I did, the blade lit up like the ones they were holding and I hurried to where Clary was and charged at the monster, striking it with a force I didn't even know I had. It shattered into ashes.

"What the Hell..." I was cut short when another demon charged towards us, but this time it was Clary who reacted on time to strike at it, snatching the blade from my grasp.

After that, the fight seemed to be finally over. Jace walked up to us with a concerned look. "Are you hurt?"

The black-haired boy groaned in pain, and Jace hurried to help him up, clearly having been hit pretty badly. "Alec!" The girl cried.

Clary quickly ran away from the scene, probably mortified at what we had just witnessed. For some reason, it didn't scare me as much as it clearly had affected her. "Is your friend alright?"

The girl looked up to me with a frown. "Who are you again?"

"Nevermind," I muttered, hurrying behind Clary.

➰➰➰

Back in the Fray's apartment, I sat on the couch next to Jocelyn, trying not to lose my mind, while Clary explicitly explained the all events of the evening. I kept waiting for Jocelyn to stop her and tell her she was crazy, but when it didn't happen, I realized maybe it wasn't such a crazy thing for her to hear.

"And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the bodybuilder's face, and then the guy just... Vaporized!" Clary finally said. "I mean... we were probably drugged, right?"

"If so, why would Clary and I have the same hallucinations? I should call my mom." I started, but Jocelyn shook her head.

"No need to. She's on her way," she said patiently. "What did the markings look like, on the blond boy you were talking about?"