➰Chapter Ten➰

Chapter ten

"Wait... You're saying Valentine actually spoke to you?" I asked Clary with a frown, while Jace held her necklace, standing a considerable distance away from us.

She nodded. "He said my name. He said, your mother for the Cup."

"It's like in my visions, only they can never see me like I can see them," I said, making Jace raise an eyebrow.

"How often do you get these visions?"

"They don't exactly have a pattern," I said with a shrug.

He picked my hand up and scanned the bracelet on my wrist with a concerned frown. "Leah, this is no ordinary bracelet. Where did you get it?"

"My mom gave it to me when she told me I was adopted. I guess she was trying to ease my reaction as much as possible."

"These are both Portal shards. That's why he could see you and tell you to give him the Cup." Jace explained.

"Who said that?" Alec asked from the doorframe.

"Valentine." The three of us answered in unison.

"He's with my mother," Clary stated, clearly frightened.

"And he can speak to you through that necklace? Here in the Institute?"

"It's like when I saw my mom in the visions. Jace says my bracelet and Clary's necklace are portal shards." I said.

"That's why their mothers made sure they had them." Jace told Alec.

"Where are they, then?" Alec questioned Clary.

"I-I don't know." She whispered, stammering.

"You said you saw them. Where there any identifying characteristics? Equipment, weapons, photographs?" He kept questioning her.

"I don't remember! It was awful!" She cried.

I sighed. "Alec, lighten up a bit."

"I'm trying to get something we can use from this," Alec snapped at me. "Clary, what exactly did you see?"

"Valentine has my mother, that's what I saw!" Clary hissed back at him.

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction. You're ruled by them. We're taught to control them."

"Is that why you're so freaking repressed?" I spat at him, making him glare at me. If looks could kill, Alec would have murdered me already and I would be keeping Mrs. Milligan company.

"It is my job to protect the Institute. If Valentine can see in, that's a door I have to shut." He then extended his hand towards Jace. "Now, let me take a look at those."

Jace didn't flinch at first, but reluctantly handed both the necklace and my bracelet to him. Alec stared at them thoroughly, before turning around and leaving. "Now it's in the proper hands."

Clary turned to me and then to Jace, before hurrying towards Alec, the both of us close behind. "Hey!"

We got to the Ops room and followed Alec back to that safe I saw before. He outlined the rune with his stele and placed both items there. "I'm putting these somewhere safe. Where no one could be tempted to use them."

Jace tried to reason with him. "We should use them! Alec, we should use them to get to Valentine!"

"If I were Valentine, I'd make you think that you could rescue Jocelyn. And then I'd lure Clary to me and leverage her life for the Cup." Alec retorted.

Our Fate ➰Shadowhunters➰ [Jace]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें