➰Chapter Six➰

Chapter Six

"So now we don't have neither the Cup nor the Simon. Great job team," I said sarcastically once we entered the Institute.

"How can you people think you're better than what you call Mundanes if you left him alone like that?" Clary snapped, angrily.

"It's not our fault that human beings should have a modicum of common sense," Alec snapped back.

"Look, they won't do anything to Simon. They just wanted to draw you out," Jace explained patiently.

"They think we have the Cup. And by we, I mean you, Clary." Isabelle said with a tired sigh.

"Why would they think that? My mom lied to me about my entire existence, but they expect her to tell me the truth about where she hid this Cup?"

"What are we going to do now?" I asked.

"We have to report to the Clave. They have to know all we've learned about Valentine." Alec said, as we continued to walk inside.

"You mean that he's my father?" Clary asked. "Fine. Tell them. How does that help us get Simon?"

"Haven't you been listening? They want this Magic Cup. They are willing to exchange it for Simon. It has the power to control demons or create new Shadowhunters." I told her, earning a smirk from both Jace and Izzy while Alec snorted.

"Look at you! A Shadowhunter to the core now," Isabelle elbowed me teasingly.

I shrugged. "I pay attention."

"So I either exchange the Cup for Simon with the Vampires or exchange it for my Mom with Valentine. Either way I lose someone I love." Clary sighed in exasperation. "So why don't I just toss it in the air and let them fight amongst themselves?"

"So this doesn't matter to you?" Alec spat.

"Of course it matters! When you helped us, we put our trust in you. Now you have to put your trust in me. I can't turn into what you are overnight."

"Besides, aren't we forgetting something? We don't have any idea where the Cup is." I added.

"We need a plan." Clary walked away, followed closely by Alec and Jace.

➰➰➰

Clary stared blankly at all the controls and screens in front of us, pacing back and forth in anxiety.

"Can any of these help me find Simon? Please tell me they didn't take him to some crypt in Transylvania—"

"Didn't you check out the vamp's outfit? They're locals." Jace said with a smile.

"They're at the Hotel DuMort." Isabelle sat down on the table.

"I've seen that place before. Isn't that down in Gansvoort Street?"

"Yes. That's their hideout." Jace nodded.

"Alright. Let's go, now!" Clary started, but no one moved.

"We need a Clave resolution for that." Alec said, making me snort.

"You serious?"

"Yeah. The five of us can't declare war on the Vamps all by ourselves." Isabelle replied.

"And we can't react without considering our options. Downworlders are slaves to their impulses, we can't afford to think that way—" Alec was interrupted by Isabelle.

"Alec, you can't stomp on all the Downworlders."

"Oh, that's right. Seelies have their charms apparently." Alec smirked at his sister, making me think they weren't telling us everything.