➰Chapter Five➰

Chapter Five

"This is the weapons room," Isabelle explained to me, while activating something on the wall that made a whole rack of different armory pop out from the wall. "Between you and me, this is my favorite part of the Institute, besides the kitchen, of course."

"No, Izzy," Jace said warningly.

"Fifty bucks that he doesn't approve this mission." Isabelle said with a smirk.

"I don't approve this mission!" Alec burst in out of nowhere, while Isabelle winked at me. "I spoke with the Clave and they made it clear that the two little girls don't leave the premises."

"My name is not Little Girl," Clary said, eyeing him defiantly. "I don't care what that Clave thing or you want, we're going to find Dot."

"She's right, Alec. My mom—"

"Leah, I strongly suggest you and your friend here listen to what I'm saying and follow my orders." Alec spat.

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need." Jace tried to reason with him. "There's a target behind their backs. They're not safe out there alone."

"Jace has a point." Isabelle agreed, earning a glare from Alec.

"You too, Izzy?" Alec sighed in defeat. "Alright, Rollins. Since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we start searching?"

"I think she might be on her way to Pandemonium," I said.

"You saw that on your so-called 'vision'?" Clary snapped.

"Yeah. Have any other ideas?" She shut up and I shrugged. "Thought so."

"Great. I'll drive!" Simon said, earning glares from everyone in the room. "What? Unless you have a Shadowhunter-mobile or something."

➰➰➰

Once we arrived at Pandemonium, I ran through the damp alley with the rest of them, my heart pounding hard in my chest.

I suddenly felt a pain in my wrist, and a flash of my mom being jumped by two men. "She was here! I can feel it."

"Leah!" Clary called me, as everyone finally reached a stop. "Are you sure?"

"Yes! Two men, the same who took Jocelyn... They took my mom!" I said, gasping with worry. Clary place her hand on my shoulder but I shook her off me. "Don't you understand?! They're going to hurt her or kill her! We have to stop them!"

I ran into the club, hearing their hurried footsteps right behind me. To my surprise, it was completely empty. I fidgeted with the bracelet she gave me when I was fifteen, which seemed like a lifetime away from now.

"She was just trying to protect us, now she's gone." Clary said with a sad sigh.

"We're not safe here," Alec reminded us. "We have to go back to the Institute right now."

"So what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot and we're just gonna give up?" Clary complained.

"What about our memories?" I asked.

"There is another option..." Jace said, earning disapproval of both Alec and Isabelle.

"Absolutely not!"

"Don't even—"

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers."

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked him.

"Shadowhunters with superior powers."

"Who posses the ability to recover memories," Isabelle added.