➰Chapter Twelve➰

Chapter twelve

Once we arrived at Magnus's place, I couldn't help but fear for the worst. What if Luke didn't make it? Or if Magnus's magic simply wasn't enough? I couldn't bear to comfort Clary after something like that, and I knew that I would desperately want to do so.

"Where are you?! I can't find you!" Luke winced in pain.

"He's hallucinating!" I said, fear flushing onto my face. I could only imagine the things he was seeing, or more likely, remembering.

"Jocelyn! Jocelyn!" He held my cheek frantically.

I shook my head. "No, Luke. It's Leah."

"Clary!" He then turned to Clary once again. "I have to tell you, just in case--"

"Was he bitten by an alpha?!" Magnus questioned worriedly. We nodded, before he flicked his hands and did something that made Luke groan—no, more like howl—in pain. "Hold him still!"

"What's happening to him?!" I asked in shock.

"Random werewolf transformation. It's a side-effect from the alpha's bite's poison."

➰➰➰

Luke finally passed out and I sighed in relief. It was short-lived, however, since Magnus stormed back into the living room with a bunch of random materials.

"The bark will stop the transformatiom for now, but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system." He explained in a hurry. "And I don't have the ingredients here..."

"Just tell me what you need and how to get it," Clary said.

"No, you and Leah stay here. Luke will need you if he wakes up—"

"When he wakes up." I corrected him.

"I'll go!" Both Simon and Jace said in unison, making me roll my eyes. That's when I noticed Jace's nose was bleeding, and hurried to make sure he was alright.

"Oh my God! What the Hell happened to you?!"

"Luke's car may have found its way into a pole while I was stashing it," he barely admitted, making me sigh.

"You mean you crashed into a pole?" I asked, using some of the rags we were going to use for Luke to clean his nose carefully.

"I don't do Mundane driving." He simply replied.

I grabbed my now personal stele and activated the iratze on his arm. The swelling seemed to stop and his nose slowly recovered. "Please be more careful. I might not always be here to heal your sorry ass."

Jace smirked at me. "What do you need for the antidote?"

"Hey, I'm the one going." Simon declared.

"Just go together and end this nonsense." I ordered, to which neither one of them argued.

"Phoenix eyes, moon salt and Idris fulgurite." Magnus said quickly, listing all the materials he needed to help Luke. "One more thing! I need Alexander."

"Why would you need Alec?" I asked, frowning in confusion.

"Virgin Shadowhunter energy." He simply replied, making me and Clary crack up.

"That explains so much!" I said, still laughing.

"Alec... I can't—" Jace said, probably remembering their fight from before.

"Jace, just ask, please." Clary pleaded. Jace sighed heavily but nodded, leaving with Simon.

➰➰➰