Chapter 2: My dam headache

*Twelve years later*

Twelve years. That's how long Annabeth waited after getting her mark to meet her soulmate. So, you could imagine her surprise when she saw that her mark had turned black on one of the most annoying days in her life. Out of all the days God could have chosen, he chose that day. Really?

It had started off with her alarm not ringing. Naturally, she woke up late. On checking, she realized that her phone had died off because of which her alarm didn't ring. Annabeth was a very meticulous person so such incidents were very rare. 

Annabeth decided that she would take bath with cold water. There was no time to wait for the geyser to heat the water up. Besides, taking bath with cold water was said to improve the circulation and so it couldn't be that bad, right? Wrong. The water seemed to be straight from the Antarctic and Annabeth was surprised that she didn't get frostbite.

By the time Annabeth was done getting ready, she was several minutes late. She decided to get something warm from Starbucks for breakfast. That was bound to cheer her up. But of course, her bad luck didn't stop there. The waiter just had to mess up her order. Practically fuming, Annabeth reached school. 

Luckily, her bad luck seemed to halt there and she didn't mess up with anything at school. Until Piper decided that it was her duty to cheer Annabeth up. After school Piper dragged both Annabeth and Thalia to a karaoke club nearby. How that girl was so persuasive, Annabeth would never know.

Loud music and crowd of sweaty people weren't really her scene, so Annabeth sat in one corner trying to fade into the shadows. Piper on the other hand, was on the stage singing loudly to Taylor Swift's new song. That was when her headache started. 

Now normally, Annabeth would mind such a mild disturbance, but with the music thumping loudly and her head pounding, Annabeth wanted to tear her head off. Grumpily, Annabeth rushed out of the karaoke club, much to Piper's disappointment.

Now that she thought about it, her soulmate could be anyone. There so many people at the Starbucks as well as in the karaoke club. She would just have to wait until the 'special link' developed. Until then, her soulmate was just a huge question mark.

Pushing the thoughts of her soulmate away, Annabeth tried to finish her homework. The keyword being tried. She just couldn't concentrate because of her dam  (Fandom reference!) headache. She soon gave up and decided to go to sleep. Hopefully, the headache would be gone by then. She fell asleep the moment her head hit the pillow. 

Do you want slight Lukabeth and a jealous Percy before Percy and Annabeth get together? Or maybe a little bit of Perachel. Let me know. 

Please vote, share, comment and follow. Feedback will be appreciated.