Chapter 22: Are you jealous?

Previoulsy-

"Per- Seaweed Brain? I think we should meet"

Continuing-

And at that point, Percy's brain decided to freeze. He had never thought of meeting his soulmate. Sure, he expected to meet her one day, but he didn't expect it to be that soon. He didn't know what to say. So he did the first thing he could think of- calling Annabeth.

"Hey Annabeth, listen up. So my soulmate just asked me to meet her and I don't know what to say. She is in New York so like I could meet her today itself, but should I? I mean I am so confused I-" Percy paused for a second.

He could here laughter from the other end.

"Are you laughing at me? Are you seriously laughing at me? Here I am freaking out, and you are laughing at me? Come on, Annabeth. I need your help."

After minute of laughing, Annabeth responded, "I think you should meet her."

"You sure?"

"No, Percy"

"But you said that I should meet her a second ago." Percy asked, scrunching up his eyebrows with confusion.

With a sigh Annabeth replied, "That was sarcasm. You should meet her."

"But, what will we talk abt? I don't know what to tell her. She'll probably think I am a weirdo. After all, my favorite movie is Little Mermaid. Oh gods, it's going to be so awkward."

"PERCY! Calm. Down. It will be fine. Relax."

"Hold up- I have an idea. You can come with me. That way it will be less awkward."

Percy could hear Annabeth nervously laughing. What was she nervous about? It was his soulmate, not hers.

"I can't. I have uh... to go to the library. It's really important. I can't afford to miss it."

Percy rolled his eyes at Annabeth's futile effort to lie to him. By now, he knew Annabeth like the back of his hand and it was clear that she didn't want  to go. But Percy couldn't figure out why she didn't want to go, after all she was his best friend. Weren't best friend's supposed to approve of each other's boyfriend/girlfriend. Unless....

"Are you jealous?" Percy asked, incredulously. Percy immediately heard laughter and after a minute or so she replied.

"I'm not jealous. Trust me on that. I have a soulmate too remember?"

Just the thought of another guy siting on Annabeth's couch, watching a movie, made him mad. And he knew that he couldn't possibly meet Annabeth's soulmate. He would probably end up doing something stupid and irrational, like punching him on the face. And now that he thought about it, the prospect of meeting his soulmate but losing Annabeth, didn't sound so appealing. He had been happy with Annabeth. They had dated for a year and he had been on cloud nine. Heck, he didn't even miss his soulmate when they had stopped talking. It was like Annabeth had filled in for the spot where his soulmate was supposed to be. And at that moment he made a decision. He would tell Annabeth that he loved her (Percy still hadn't told her that he loved her. Yet. He chickened out. Every. Single. Time.) and would tell his soulmate that he would only maintain a platonic relationship with her. Who needed a soulmate, when they could have Annabeth? Not Percy.

"Perseus Jackson! Are you even listening to me?"

Shaken out of his thoughts, he quickly ended the call with Annabeth and got ready to go to Annabeth's house. He didn't tell her that he wasn't  going  to meet his soulmate. She would have talked him into meeting his soulmate. Besides, the sooner he told Annabeth the three little words, there was lesser chance of him chickening out. Again.