Chapter 5: History Project

"I love architecture."

"I know," her soulmate huffed. "It was so hard for two year old me to understand the word 'architecture' that was written on my shoulder. I still don't know what it exactly means!"

"You don't know architecture is?" Annabeth aske incredulously.

 "I mean I know what it means. Building buildings and stuff."

"It doesn't need to be a building necessarily. You can become a software architect as well."

"So you are a know-it-all!" her soulmate exclaimed with triumph. "No wonder I got my mark way before anyone else of my age got theirs."

At that moment Annabeth happened to look at the watch on her wrist. She realized with horror, that she was three minutes late to class. Cursing the fact that the school bell could not be heard from the bathroom, Annabeth hastily bid her soulmate bye and rushed to her class.

The next week, Annabeth made her way to her history class. Throughout the week, Annabeth made time to talk to her soulmate. Soon, it was becoming an obsession. She found out various things about Kai like how he loved the color blue and anything associated with it, which explained his thoughts about blue cookies.

Annabeth entered the classroom along with Per and Thalia and took a seat in a three seater. Soon, the teacher came in started teaching. There were ten minutes left for the class to end when the teacher made an announcement that everyone dreaded.

"There is a project that you all will need to submit within the next two weeks."

Everyone groaned.

"Now, listen up. This is a group project. Not a group really, because there will be only two people working on the project."

Annabeth sighed. She knew what was coming. The groups were based on the attendance listed and since the  list was in alphabetical order, Annabeth would be paired up with Andrew. He was a really quiet boy who didn't give much input and dreaded working with him. 

"I've assigned partners to each and every one of you."

That got Annabeth's attention. So she won't be getting pairing up with Andrew. Annabeth hoped that she got paired up Piper or Thalia.

"Aaron and Clary, Aden and Will, Annabeth and Percy, Ashley and-"

Annabeth froze. Percy as in Percy Jackson?? There was no way the teacher could have paired her up with him. No fricking way. Till now, he hadn't submitted a single project and with him in her group she was bound to get a C or something which would definitely taint her records.

"The next chapter that we are going to do are related to the Greeks, so I thought it would be fun for you to do some research on their cultures and mythologies before I start the chapter," the teacher droned on. "So for the project, I'll need you to do a research on any two gods. Remember that the two of you together need to present it in the class, so you both need to work together. Class dismissed."

When everyone was going out, Annabeth rushed to the teacher.

"Miss Stone, could you change my partner. I am not really comfortable with working with Percy Jackson."

Miss Stone smile sympathetically. "I am sorry Annabeth but I am afraid I can't change it. Percy needs to get at least a B to remain on the swim team and I was hoping that you could pull it up. Don't worry, you'll get extra credit for that."

Knowing that she couldn't change her teacher's mind, Annabeth decided to approach Percy and work something out between them. He was sitting on a table talking with Jason when she approached them.

"Hey Annabeth," Jason greeted her with a smile. 

Annabeth was glad that it was Jason and not some other jerk. She gave him a grateful smile and turned to Percy.

"So Percy at what time will you be free to do the project?" Annabeth asked him awkwardly.

"You both are doing a project together," Jason asked, his eyebrows rising high up. "This will be interesting."

"You can do the project by yourself right?" Percy asked.

Annabeth immediately scowled. There was no way she was going to work hard to get his grade up. 

"Oh hell to the no. You are doing a write-up on one god all by yourself ."

"And if I don't?" he asked smirking . Annabeth clenched her fist, trying hard not to punch that smirk of his face.

"Look a drop in my grade wouldn't do anything to my  grades but you'll be kicked out of the swim team . Do the write-up and I'll check it .That way we both will get good grades."

Percy seemed shocked that she knew about his getting-kicked-out-of-the-team-situation. He glared at her and muttered a small 'Whatever.'

"So 5 o'clock at my house ?" 

Percy nodded glumly. This sure as hell would be one heck of a project.

Please vote, share, comment and follow. Feedback will be appreciated.