Chapter 14: Death of her

Annabeth stormed into Percy's house. The only reason she had agreed to this was because of blue cookies. Sally's blue cookies to be specific.

How irresponsible of Percy to misplace the history project. Percy wanted to keep the project to show his mom, who was in London as it was the first project that he had actually done. Weird? I know. And then he goes losing the project.

The moment Annabeth entered the house, she was hit with the smell of cookies. Annabeth smiled to herself. She was never a huge fan of cookies but blue cookies were different. Sally immediately rushed to hug Annabeth.

"Annabeth dear, make yourself home"

Annabeth smiled and said,"Thanks Mrs. Blofis"

"It's Sally to you"

"Thanks Sally"

Annabeth saw Percy leaning on the wall, looking at her nervously and she narrowed her eyes on him. Annabeth watched with satisfaction as Percy gulped and his eyes widened.

"Annabeth, I am so sorry. I really didn't mean for it to get lost."

On seeing that Annabeth was still glaring at him, he squeaked, "Please don't kill me."

Annabeth smirked.  Percy looked so adorable when he was nervous. Looks like she is spending time with the sweet Percy today and not the rude one.

Sally announced that the cookies were ready and Percy immediately ran to the kitchen to inhale all the cookies. Annabeth laughed and followed him. Percy was halfway through gobbling all the cookies when he noticed that Annabeth hadn't eaten even one.

"Don't you want to eat?", he said holding up a cookie.

Annabeth wrinkled her nose with disgust, "Don't talk with your mouth full. I don't heed to see those half-chewed cookies."

 Percy grinned, "Yes mom"

📖

They were about to start working on the project when Percy decided it was time.

"Annabeth, can we do something other than the project? We can do it tomorrow."

"Absolutely not"

"But I want to show you one thing"

"Only one thing"

He took her to their balcony. There was a rose plant in a pot. It looked real but was made out of some synthetic material. But Annabeth didn't know that. He  smiled to himself thinking about her expression after she took the rose.

"Annabeth, you see that? That's for you"

Annabeth wrinkled her eyebrows in confusion, "Okay."

"Go ahead. Take it."

Annabeth shot him a confused look but Percy could see a hint of a smile. Percy smiled back awkwardly, his hands behind his back.

Annabeth tried to pluck the flower and immediately water sprouted on her face, drenching her completely. Percy burst out laughing, his hands still behind his back. Annabeth's expression had been priceless. Her face was horrified the moment realization dawned upon her.

"PERSEUS FREAKING JACKSON. How dare you play a prank on me?"

Percy stopped laughing. Or at least he tried to. Annabeth looked funny, drenched completely with a glare on her face.

"I should have known. You can't be sweet to me for more than an hour. You stupid, arrogant, lousy-"

Annabeth was cut off by Percy clearing his throat.

Never had he faced so much difficulty in asking a girl out. It was probably because she looked so hot when she was pissed. Or maybe because she was so goddamed perfect. Or maybe it was just because she was Annabeth.

He shuffled his feet nervously, looking down at it before producing a rose from behind his back. He could feel his face heating up.

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. Then narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Percy's face was heating up more and more by the second. He wanted her to hurry up but Annabeth was taking her own sweet time. 

She felt the rose and  decided that it was real. She took it with a dazzling smile.

"You are still not forgiven Perseus Jackson."

"Even if I take you out on a date?" 

Percy crossed his fingers.

Annabeth's smile reached up to her ears. "Hmmm........depends on how the date goes"

Percy let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding.

"So....Tomorrow? At 7 o'clock?"

"Sounds perfect"

📖 

They went back to Percy's room and Percy handed Annabeth one of his shirts and sweats.

Annabeth came out of the washroom grumbling, "Why do you always make me wet when I come to your house?"

On seeing Percy's smirk she warned him," If you make any dirty joke, I swear you won't live long enough for that date."

Percy grinned. 

"Maybe I just like how you look in my clothes"

Annabeth shook her head and flopped down on the bed beside Percy.

"Annabeth are you still pissed at me?"

"No"

"So you won't kill me?"

"Nope. Why?"

"Swear?"

"Swear."

He got up and walked to his bag. Confused Annabeth stared at him, tilting her head slightly to the right.

"In that case....." and Percy held out their history project.

Annabeth gaped at the project. And then it hit her. Percy had hidden the project so that Annabeth comes over. That little punk.

Percy grinned cheekily. He jumped on the bed and lay down with his head on Annabeth's lap.

Annabeth threaded her hands through his soft black hair and sighed. How could she stay mad at him when he behaved so cute and adorable. He was going to be the death of her. She just knew that.

Please vote, share, comment and follow. Feedback will be appreciated.

🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

-A