Chapter 21: Surprise, surprise

This is the Annabeth POV of the previous chapter. Sorry for the sudden change in pov.

Annabeth POV

Annabeth wasn't a procrastinator. She followed one motto-'Failing to plan, is planning to fail.'  Yet, here she was confused as ever. On one hand there was Percy, and on the other, there was her soulmate. 

She had always hated Bella from twilight as she couldn't choose between Edward and Jacob, but now stuck in the same situation, she couldn't possibly  choose. Bored, she decided to bother her soulmate.

Italics- Annabeth, Normal- Her soulmate

"Hey"

"Hello to you too, Wise Girl"

"I'm bored"

"Great! You can help me with my homework."

Annabeth rolled her eyes fondly. Always homework, both Percy and her soulmate seemed to have an allergy to homework.

"I told you. You can't use this mindlink for homework."

"Then what is the use of this mindlink?"

"Oh, I don't know, meeting your soulmate???"

"I would have asked my girlfriend to help with my homework but...." 

Her soulmate trailed of abruptly and that piqued her curiosity. What was he hiding? And a small part of her even hoped that they broke up, so that she might have a chance. She immediately squashed that hope. Whatever happens she was not  going to be one of those mean girls, you see on TV.

"What happened between the two of you?" 

"Nothing"

However, after a lot of nagging, begging and even threatening, he finally relented.

"Soooo... my girlfriend and I broke up. Kind of. I don't honestly know. And before you ask, no, I won't tell you why Annabeth an-"

And at that point, Annabeth stopped listening. Annabeth. He said Annabeth. Annabeth was his girlfriend. And Annabeth wasn't a common name. It was like the gear inside her brains were slowly turning and things were finally making sense. The various coincidences, they were all making sense. And Annabeth wanted to slap herself. There were so many clues. 

Not wanting to get too ahead of herself she asked, "Her name is Annabeth?"

"Yeah, cool name isn't it. I have a feeling that you both will be good friends. She is extremely smart like you. And she is extremely pretty as well. And right now, I probably sound like a love sick puppy. So yeah." Annabeth smiled. He sounded like a complete dork. If you had told her a year ago that she would be dating Percy Jackson, the school's most popular and notorious boy and thought he was a dork, she would have laughed and told you to get your brains checked. 

She had never been this happy. Imagine two of your top most celebrity crushes merging into one. How would you feel? Now multiply the giddiness by 1000. That's how Annabeth felt. People got butterflies in their stomach, but Annabeth had dragons roaring in her stomach, waiting to surprise the hell out of Percy. 

Annabeth could have told Percy through the mind link that she was Annabeth, but she wanted to tell it to him face to face, not via mindlink. That's very mundane, like asking a girl out via text. Besides, she wanted to surprise him.

"Per- " Annabeth cursed. She all most gave herself away." Seaweed Brain? I think we should meet"