Chapter 7: Embarrassment level 100

The next day Annabeth found myself talking to 'Kai' a lot. Like half of the time- in the middle of classes, while she was completing her homework and whenever she was bored. They never discussed about personal stuff like schools and addresses just general stuff like hobbies.

"Are you French ? Cause ei-ffel for you," her soulmate, being the cheesy and idiotic one said. Annabeth was currently sitting in the bathroom of her school and talking to her soulmate. If anyone else had said that pick up line that Annabeth would probably have judo flipped him. Don't ask long story. But coming from him it sounded almost.... cute? Annabeth could almost imagine him grinning cheekily at her. She smiled at that thought.

"Seriously? That was lame"

"Are you shore?"

"Kaiiiii!!!!! Stop. I don't want my head filled with puns related to the sea"

"Water are you talking aboat?"

He really loved irritating me, didn't he? Sometimes Annabeth really wonder if his head is stuffed with seaweed instead of a brain. At least that explains his weird behavior.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain."

"Not happening anytime soon, Wise Girl," he retorted.

Everything seemed to be going perfect except my History project. No surprise there. After all she was partnered up with Percy Jackson. She couldn't even find him anywhere at school. And the project was due next week. Deciding that she had enough, she searched the entire school and finally found him with Rachel. Again, no surprise. He seemed to be talking to Rachel about something

"Percy!" she called out to him.

He didn't respond.

Annabeth called out once again. Once again, there was no response. Fuming, Annabeth went up to him and pulled his hoodie. His face had an expression of absolute shock and Rachel looked liked she wanted to rip Annabeth's head off. Like she cared. Her grades were not going down because of a moron like him.

After glaring at him for a minute Annabeth started to speak. "What the hell Percy? Why didn't you show up at my house that day?"

Percy looked furious and by then a crowd had formed around them because no one ever dared to cross Percy. Some people even started recording the 'show'. Percy didn't reply and that made Annabeth more angry.

"You have been ignoring me in school too and bunking History periods. How are we going to do it if you don't cooperate?" Annabeth shouted.

"We will talk about it later," Percy said quietly. 

Annabeth wanted to ask him why when she saw that the crowd was at the edge of laughter. Some people even started whistling and catcalling. And that's when she realized what she had shouted out in anger and how wrong it sounded. Annabeth felt herself turning red and she pushed her way out.

The video would soon be all over social media and she would be the laughing stock, or worse people might actually think that she was having an affair with Percy! Annabeth could feel her anger and resentment towards Percy rising. How she hated Percy! 

Annabeth was searching for Piper and Thalia when someone tapped her shoulder. She whirled around to find a pair of sea-green eyes staring at her...

Please vote, share, comment and follow. Feedback will be appreciated.