Chapter 3: I have a voice in my head. I think ???

One hour. That's how long Annabeth had peace the next morning, before a voice started sprouting random thoughts in her head. As though the headache wasn't enough, she now had a voice in her head. 

At first, Annabeth thought that she had gone crazy. She did a quick search on google about hearing voices and found an illness called schizophrenia. On checking the symptoms however, she decided that she didn't have the illness. Although Annabeth didn't particularly like socializing, she didn't have social isolation or hostility which were symptoms of the illness. At least she hoped she didn't.

After getting ready to go to school and successfully not tearing her hair out because of the voice, Annabeth made her way to school. She tried to keep her face neutral while walking so that people didn't think that she was crazy. But it was hard, especially when the voice in her head made random remarks like- 'Mmmm. These blue cookies taste soooo delicious.' The remarks didn't even make sense. They sounded like random snippets of a conversation, but without any context they sounded ridiculous.

What weirded Annabeth out was the fact that the voice also seemed to have a voice inside its head, if that made sense. It kept commenting on how annoying that voice was.  Maybe she really did have Schizophrenia, Annabeth thought. Or maybe something extremely weird was going on and everyone had voices in their head. 

Soon Annabeth reached school and she walked to her locker where Piper and Thalia were already standing. It wasn't unusual for the three of them to stand by Annabeth's locker and talk for some time. Annabeth was usually the first to arrive but today was an exception as Annabeth was the last one. 

Piper was ranting about some show that Annabeth and Thalia should watch but Annabeth just couldn't seem to concentrate. All because of the voice which was currently cursing his locker as it wouldn't open. She snapped back to reality to find Thalia and Piper looking concernedly at her. 

"Are you alright Annabeth?" Piper asked.

"Yeah, why?" Annabeth asked, trying to be casual.

"Because you are continuously grimacing. Either you are feeling sick or Piper must really look bad today," Thalia said smirking at Piper which resulted in Piper stamping Thalia's foot.

By the way the two of them were staring at her, Annabeth knew that she wouldn't be able to get away without telling the truth. She quickly filled in the two of them about the voice.

"It's fine, really," Annabeth said, waving her hand dismissively, seeing their concerned looks.

Just as she was about to lower her hand, Piper caught it. Piper inspected her index finger.

"Is that a darkened soulmate mark I see?" she demanded. "Why didn't you immediately call me?"

Annabeth laughed at how furious and offended Piper looked. "I was busy with the headache and the voice in my head, remember?"

"That's it!" Piper exclaimed loudly. Several heads turned their way, but Piper was least bothered. She was practically bouncing in her toes. 

"The voice in your head must be your soulmate. That is the special link that you and your soulmate have."

Annabeth frowned as she thought it over. Normal soulmates got another matching tattoo that nobody else had. In some cases, the soulmates could feel each other's pain or feel each other's emotions- happy and not-so-happy. Although it wasn't unheard of,  it was very rare to have a telepathy link. 

"I don't know, Piper," Annabeth said. "It seems to be very unlikely."

"I think Piper's right," Thalia interjected. "You could try talking to that voice. What will you lose?"

"My sanity?" Annabeth replied sarcastically.

"Come on, Annabeth. Don't be a spoilsport."

Annabeth sighed. "I'll give it a shot later today, okay? Now let's go or we'll be late for class."

Please vote, share, comment and follow. Feedback will be appreciated.