Chapter 16: Escape room- Part 1

Percy grinned at Annabeth's irritation. Despite her pouting and threatening, he had managed to keep his mouth shut. 

"Percy either you tell me where we are going, or I'll go back home right now."

"Fine. I'll drop you home, but you will never know where I was going to take you and you'll miss out on a lot of fun."

Annabeth groaned in frustration. They were in his car, on their way to the escape room. He had already booked a slot but haven't decided the theme yet as he thought that Annabeth might want to choose the theme. Once they reached, Annabeth let out a squeal. Yes, the great and almighty Annabeth squealed. Her eyes lit up with excitement. She grabbed his hand and started dragging him inside, rambling about how she always wanted to go to an escape room and different strategies to win the game. Percy smiled at her child like excitement. That was one of the reasons he liked her. She was so passionate about the things she loved. She didn't hold back at all. He was glad that she was having fun. He had to thank his soulmate. He had remembered how is soulmate had complained about her crush being rude at times and how she hated it, which resulted in him being himself today.

There were three rooms which were vacant at that point of time. Each room had a different theme. After listening to all the themes, Annabeth chose the bank heist themed one.

"Bank heist, huh? Who would have thought that a good girl wanted to rob a bank?"

"Oh, shut up! I've done plenty of bad things."

"Uh huh, like?"

"Like..... like I once ought a textbook on Amazon, finished it in two days and returned it. That way I didn't have to pay for it." Annabeth said proudly with a smug smile on her face.

Percy let out an exasperated sigh. "A textbook Annabeth? Like seriously? From which angle did you think it was a bad thing to do? And did you just say that you finished it in two days? That is one of the nerdiest things you have done."

Annabeth pouted and glared at him. "I can be bad when I want to be."

Percy grinned and kissed her nose. "Sure sweetheart, sure."

Percy had to remind himself that he would be dating Annabeth only for a week and shouldn't get too attached to her. He would break up with her as soon as he found a flaw in her. The only problem? She was so goddamed perfect. The more time he spent with her, the more he liked her.

"Percy! Concentrate!!!! We are about to enter the room. We only have an hour to finish this."

"Calm down, Annabeth. You are taking this wayyyyy to seriously."

"I need to win this."

***

(A/NI am describing the room from the door. So, when you look from the door this is how the room would look. I am trying my best to describe it accurately. Please bare with me.)

The room was moderate in size. On the right wall were four frames hanging with pictures and small write ups. Along the left side was a huge bookshelf filled with a lot of files and books and in front of Percy was a vault. A huge one. Which needed a password to open. obviously. At the middle was a table with two drawers each on the left and right. Two of the four drawers were locked. On the door through which they entered, was a dartboard with the darts already stuck on the board. Beside the door was a red button which could be pressed whenever they needed help from the people managing the room. Beside the vault was a white button and there was another white button under one of the photo frames.

(A/N Here is picture to help you visualize it.)

The layout-