Chapter 19: Percy, just shut up

Percy had never felt so terrified in his entire life. Not when he was caught stealing cookies in the middle of the night, not when he broke his mother's favorite vase and not even when Clarisse had cornered him at school. 

"So you like me and this girl, who is your soulmate. Right?"

"Yeah" Percy nodded nervously. 

Annabeth threw her head back and laughed, leaving an extremely confused Percy.

"Uh.... Annabeth are you fine? I'm pretty sure that's not how girlfriend's react when their boyfriend tells them that they like another girl."

"What do you want me to do then? Slap you and then dump your arse? I can do-"

"NO! I didn't mean that. I'm just feeling extremely confused and I would rather not have a pissed of Annabeth chase-ing me....." Percy then smirked "Get the pun?" 

Annabeth rolled her eyes fondly and shoved his shoulder.

"I guess I am not mad cause I can relate to your situation. I too have a soulmate-"

"Obviously" Percy interjected. Seeing Annabeth's glare he cleared his throat, "I babble when I am nervous."

"Continuing, I too have talked to my soulmate and he is nice-"

"Nice?" Percy snorted. "Only you would describe your soulmate  as nice."

"Will you listen??? I stopped talking to him when we first started dating cause it felt wrong but-"

"Me too!"

"Perseus Jackson, if you don't stop interrupting me and actually listen, then god help me, I will-"

"Don't need to get so angry! Continue"

"As I was saying, I initially had stopped talking to him, but we soon started talking to me and we are good friends. And if you weren't in the picture, I would've wanted to date him. But now...I am not so sure."

"So what do we do now?"

"How about we take a break?" Seeing Percy opening his mouth to speak, Annabeth added "It's not like we'll stop spending time together. We could be best friends, just that we won't be dating. We both will try to figure things out?"

Percy about to interject once again, when he noticed Annabeth's jaw twitching and he knew this wasn't easy for her either. Sighing he said, "Fine. But this isn't going to be easy. And if you ditch our movie nights for your soulmate, then I swear on all the gods, I'll murder your soulmate. Not even kidding."

Annabeth laughed the tension leaving her body, "Percy! You know I don't cancel our movie nights. Ever. And I don't plan on doing that anytime soon."

"Fine." Percy grumbled, as he pulled her into a huge hug.

Meanwhile, Fate stared at the two of them smiling. He had plans for them. And it was going to fun.

Some Percabeth for y'all. Hope you liked the chapter.