TWENTY

"Let her know I like her? What are you, insane?"

----------

"I can't believe you would actually say that." Chandler closed the refrigerator door. "I would much rather be Mr. Peanut than Mr. Salty."

"No way! Mr. Salty is a sailor, alright?" Joey finished spreading the cream cheese on his bagel so he put down the knife. "He's got to be, like, the toughest snack there is." He argued.

"I don't know. You don't want to mess with cornnuts. They're crazy." Ross chuckled.

"Guys, you got to come see this." We turned around to see Monica by the window. "There's some creep out there with a telescope." Everyone gasped in shock as we ran to see for ourselves.

"He's looking right at us. That is so sick." I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"I feel so violated...and not in a good way." Chandler added.

"Why do people do that?" Phoebe exclaimed. We all groaned and turned around. "Oh, look! Ugly naked guy got gravity boots!" She called us back over. We went back to the window to see. Later, we were at Central Perk.

"I am telling you, years from now, children will study it as one of the greatest first dates of all time." He looked at each one of us. "It was unbelievable. We could totally be ourselves. We didn't play any games."

"So have you called her yet?" Monica questioned him.

"Let her know I like her? What are you. insane?" He quickly shot back. "It's the next day. How needy do I want to seem?" He replied. "Am I right? Am I right?" He glanced between the guys.

"Let her dangle for a little bit." Joey pat Chandler's leg.

"Yeah, totally." Ross nodded his head and took a sip of his coffee. Phoebe, Monica, and I scoffed.

"I can't believe my parents are actually pressuring me to find one of you guys." Monica crossed her arms over her chest.

"Come on. Just do it." Phoebe stood up and grabbed the phone from the counter. "Stop being so testosteroney." She handed it to him.

"Which, by the way, is the real San Francisco treat." Chandler glanced back at the guys before dialing the number. He put the phone against his ear for a second before turning it off. "I got her machine." He held his hands up.

"Her answering machine?" Joey looked at him.

"No, her leaf blower picked up." Chandler replied sarcastically.

"So, um...why didn't you say anything?" Phoebe played with the end of the antenna. 

"Oh, no, no, no." Chandler shook his finger. "Last time I left a spontaneous message, I ended up using the phrase 'yes indeedy–o'." We laughed in response.