THIRTY SIX

"And you left the toilet seat up, you bastard!"

----------

"That commercial always makes me so sad." Ross shook his head. We just finished watching an ad for beer where a monkey hands the bottle to a stereotypical office worker.

"Yeah, but then the guy opens his beer, and those girls run at him, so everything seems to work out okay." Chandler glanced back at his best friend.

"I meant because the monkey in it reminds me of Marcel." Ross put down the remote.

"'Cause they both have those big, brown eyes, and, you know, the little, pouty chin..." Phoebe sat down between Rachel and Monica with a bowl of popcorn and juice. She handed me a bottle of juice as well.

"And the fact that they're both monkeys." Monica looked over at her.

"Sometimes I wonder if I did the right thing by giving him away." Ross leaned forward, his elbows against his knees.

"Ross, you had to. He was humping everything in sight." Rachel was flipping through one of the Calvin Klein magazines I receive monthly. "I have a Malibu Barbie who will no longer be wearing white to her wedding."

"Remember when, sometimes, he would borrow your hat, and when you got it back, there'd be little monkey raisins in it?" Ross chuckled.

"Sure. When he did it, it was funny." Chandler motioned towards Ross' statement. "When I did it to my boss' hat? All of a sudden, I had this big 'attitude problem'." He joked. Or was it real? The next evening, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, and I were sitting at Central Perk. Then, Joey came running inside.

"Hey, hey, check it out. Guess what I got." He walked up to the couch with a letter in his hands.

"Rhythm?" Chandler smiled cheerily.

"No. My first fan mail." He handed it to me, which I thought was a really sweet gesture.

"'Dear Dr. Ramoray: Know that I love you and would do anything to have you'. Gosh!" I giggled at this. "'Your not–so–secret admirer, Erika Ford'." I finished reading. "Oh, wait. 'P.S.: Enclosed, please find 14 of my eyelashes'." I scrunched up my nose.

"You know, in crazy world, that means you're married." Rachel explained to him. Monica took the envelope out of my hands.

"This wasn't addressed to Days of our Lives. This came to your apartment." She looked up at Joey. "And this doesn't have a stamp on it. This woman was in our building."

"Oh my God." Joey gasped in surprise. "I got my very own stalker!" He squealed. Monica buried here face into my shoulder, so I wrapped an arm around her and rubbed her back.

"Hey, guys." Ross walked into the coffee shop.

"Where are you off to, Traveling Jack?" Phoebe inquired.