TWENTY SIX

"Oh, I can't

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Oh, I can't. I have to take my grandmother to the vet."

----------

"Okay, these were unbelievably expensive, and I know he's going to grow out of them in, like, twenty minutes, but I couldn't resist." Monica pulled out a pair of white nikes. We all awed. 

"Look at these." Phoebe took the shoes and held them up to Ben. "Hey, Ben. Just do it." She said, but then the baby started crying. "Oh my God! Oh!" Phoebe covered her mouth. "Okay, was that too much pressure for him?"

"Wow, is he hungry already?" Susan grabbed the pillow from behind her and put it so that Ben's head could be against it.

"You know, it's..." Chandler trailed off when Carol started breastfeeding Ben. "Something funny about sneakers. I'll be right back." He quickly stood up and headed over to the kitchen.

"Uh...uh...uh...I got to get one, too." Joey practically ran over to my brother. Thankfully, Ross followed them and talked to them.

"Alright, I know he's eating, but at Calvin Klein I get to pick a couple of designs for...baby clothes!" I held up a cute denim jacket.

"This looks great, Suparna!" Susan exclaimed and took the jacket into her hands.

"Well, there's going to be more, but that's all I could get my hands on. I'm going to make sure Ben's the best–dressed baby." We chuckled. Finally, the guys came back.

"Carol?" Joey and Chandler called out her name at the same time.

"I was just wondering if Joey could ask you a question about breastfeeding." Chandler threw Joey under the bus.

"Sure." Carol looked up from the baby.

"Does it hurt?" He made a cringed face as if he were in pain.

"Oh, it did at first, but not anymore." She shook her head in response.

"Chandler?" Joey nudged his roommate.

"How often can you do it?" He looked down at his shoes.

"As much as he needs." She replied.

"Oh, oh, okay, I got one. I got one." Joey blurted out. "Uh...if he blows into one, does the other one get bigger?" I rolled my eyes and leaned back against the couch. Later, we were downstairs in Central Perk.

"Rach, do you have any muffins left?" Julie inquired.

"Yeah, I forget which ones." Rachel glanced back at her while handling me my cup of hot cocoa.

"Oh, you're busy. That's alright. I'll get it." She stood up. "Anyone else want anything?"

"No, thanks. No, I'm all set it. I'm good." Monica, Joey, and I waved her off.