EIGHTY ONE (+ AUTHOR'S NOTE)

"So now, what exactly is the point of the box?"

Author's Note:
          Hi, everybody! For the past couple of weeks, I've been thinking a lot about this book and how I haven't updated it in such a long time. The truth is, I don't have inspiration to continue it. I never thought I'd be able to continue it this far, but here we are. You might have noticed the last four chapters are not visible anymore. And that's because I wanted to end this story on a happy note. I didn't want to leave anything out in the open because that would be unfair to you, the readers. Thank you for staying with me through the journey of "Kiss Me". And I hope you decide to stick around and read some of my other stories and future stories I plan on publishing soon.
          Thank you.

----------

"Ugh...turkey. Ugh, giving thanks. Ugh!" Chandler gagged as soon as he came into the apartment.

"Look, everyone. It's the spirit of Thanksgiving." Phoebe joked.

"Are things with you and Joey any better?" Rachel took a seat on the couch.

"They couldn't be worse. Apparently, he spent eight hours calling me last night just trying to get me to talk to him." Chandler let out a sigh.

"Oh, wow. Eight hours. So, you probably could use one of those plug–in telephone headsets, huh?" Rachel glanced up at him.

"Should we all expect Christmas gifts that can be stolen from your office?" Ross raised an eyebrow at her.

"You shouldn't." Rachel retorted.

"Speaking of Christmas, um, since Monica and I are starting a new business, and we have, like, no money, um, this year, maybe we could do Secret Santa, and then we each only buy one gift, and–and there's the added mystery of, you know, who gets who." Phoebe went on.

"Who gets whom." Ross corrected her. "I don't know why I do that." He went back to chopping vegetables. Ross had to go, and Chandler and Rachel watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

"I think I'm going to take a nap. Turkey makes me sleepy." Rachel got up from the couch.

"We haven't eaten yet." Monica reminded her.

"I know, but all the work you're doing to get it ready, and I just..." Rachel waved it off and went into her room.

"Hey, by any chance, did either of you pick Rachel for your Secret Santa? 'Cause I want to trade for her." Chandler came into the kitchen.

"I picked her." Phoebe set down her knife. "Ooh, thank God you want her. Ooh!" She quickly stood up.

"Wow. Why do you want to get rid of her so badly?" Chandler furrowed his brows.

"Because she exchanged every gift she ever gets. It's like impossible to get her anything she likes." Phoebe reminded him. "Come on, let's trade!" She jumped up and down.