THIRTY FIVE

"Is that what you want? Do you want to see me cry?"

----------

"This is so cool. You're actually going to be on television." I squealed in excitement.

"I know. It really hit me last night. I'm going to be on Days of our Lives." He glanced down at me with a sweet smile. "And then I started thinking about all of us and how these are the days of our lives." He became very philosophical.

"Yes!" Monica yelled out before hanging up the phone.

"What?" Chandler, Ross, Joey, and I glanced back to look at her.

"Carol and Susan's caterer had a mountain bike accident this weekend, and she's in a full body cast." Monica came over to us. The four of us shared a look.

"Yes!" We cheered in the same tone as she did.

"They want me to do it, which is cool since I've never catered, and I need the money, and—this isn't a problem, is it?" Monica quickly sat down next to Ross.

"Would it matter?" Ross replied with a shadow of a smile.

"Oh, you are so great!" Monica wrapped her arms around her brother in a hug. "Thank you." She kissed his cheek.

"Are you really not going?" Joey looked over at Ross.

"I'm really not going." He took a bite of his sandwich. "I mean, I don't get it. They already live together. Why do they need to get married?" Someone's clearly upset.

"Because they love each other. And th–they want to celebrate that love with the people that are close with them." Monica explained.

"Well, if you want to call that a reason." Ross shrugged his shoulders before taking another bite.

"Ross, I thought you were over this." Monica responded.

"That has nothing to do with this, okay? She's my ex–wife. If she were marrying a guy, none of you would expect me to be there." Ross made a point.

"Hey, if she were marrying a guy, she'd be, like, the worst lesbian ever." Joey replied.

"Did I miss it? Did I miss it?" Rachel came running into the apartment, her shift finally over.

"No, no. I'm on right after this guy shoots himself." We turned back to look at the screen.

"Woah, she's pretty." Chandler spoke up, drooling over the woman on the TV.

"She's really nice. She taught me all about, you know, how to work with the cameras and 'smell the fart' acting." He explained before turning back to the screen.

"Huh?" We all asked at the same time.

"It's like, you got so many lines to learn so fast that sometimes, you need a minute to remember your next one. So while you're thinking of it, you take this big pause, where you look all intense, like this." He demonstrated. We all nodded our heads in understanding. Then, we heard a gun go off on the show. "Oh, here's my scene! Here's my scene!" Joey pointed at the TV. Once the scene ended, we congratulated and complimented him.