FORTY NINE

"Where is my strong Ross Skywalker to come rescue me?"

----------

"Huh." Chandler broke the awkward silence when we saw other people sitting in our couch and chair. We shrugged our shoulders and walked out. The next day, I headed over to the guys' apartment.

"Good morning." I greeted them and sat on the bar stool by the kitchen counter. "You made pancakes?" I furrowed my brows when I saw the beautiful stack on a plate.

"Yeah. Like there's any way I could ever do that." Chandler replied, making me chuckle.

"Monica and Rachel had syrup, uh–uh. Now I can get my man to cheer up." Janice came into the apartment with a bottle of syrup, singing some random song she made up. "Good morning, Joey." She shook his chin. "And good morning to you, future sister–in–law." She giggled, and I nervously chuckled along with her. She turned around and looked at Joey.

"Please wake me up from this nightmare." I cried out quietly.

"Hey, you know what? Here's a thought." Chandler and Janice went over to the recliners. "Why don't you stay home from work today and just hang out with me?" She put on her vibrant orange blazer.

"Oh, I wish. Honey, you have that report to finish, and I've got to go see my lawyer." While they were turned around, Joey and I took this as an opportunity to greet each other.

"Morning, baby." He kissed my cheek.

"Right back at you, Joe." I Eskimo kissed him by rubbing our noses together.

"You two are together? Oh my God!" Janice cheered in her nasally voice. My eyes widened since Chandler didn't know about us.

"Janice, are you alright? Joey and I aren't together. He's like a brother to me." I punched Joey's arm.

"Together? You two are together?" Chandler glanced back at us.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" I smiled nervously. "Bye, Janice." I waved at her.

"Bye–bye, Suparna, Joey. I'll see you later, sweetie." She waved at us and closed the door behind her.

"When are you dumping her?" I picked up the empty plate and glass and put them in the sink. "I really don't want her as a sister–in–law." I begged him.

"Nope. Not this time." Chandler came over to us.

"Quit yanking us." Joey crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm not yanking either of you." Chandler filled a cup of coffee for me and handed it to me.

"This is Janice." I reminded him.

"Yeah, I know." Chandler nodded his head. "She makes me happy." He leaned against the counter.

"Okay, alright." Joey stood up. "You look me in the eye and tell me without blinking that you're not breaking up with her. No blinking." He demanded my brother.

"I'm not breaking up with her." Chandler did exactly that. "Now...on the topic of you two..." He squinted his eyes at me and Joey. "You guys aren't together, right? Because I will hurt you for going after my sister." 

"You better start running. 'Cause he's about to blow." I whispered to Joey. Chandler chased Joey out of the apartment. I guess our completely secret's out. The next day, Rachel, Phoebe, and I were at Central Perk. I hadn't seen Chandler or Joey since yesterday, and I was beginning to worry just a little. They're Chandler and Joey. They literally can't hurt each other.

"Oh, yeah. Princess Leia and the gold bikini? Every guy our age loves that." Phoebe waved it off.

"Really?" Rachel furrowed her brows in confusion.

"It's huge. That's the moment when she stopped being a princess, and she became, like, a woman, you know?" I explained to her.

"Did either of you ever...do the–the...Leia thing?" She stuttered out.

"Yeah, Joey wanted to try out once." I shrugged my shoulders. "He doesn't make me do the hair because to him it looks like I have two cinnamon rolls on the sides of my head. But the nights I wear it...God." Phoebe shuddered for no obvious reason.

"That...that great, huh?" Rachel chuckled at her reaction.

"No. It's just that I got this new pager, and I have it on vibrate." Phoebe replied. "See you." She went to the phone. I went to get some more coffee and maybe a pastry. We grabbed four rolls and put them on the sides of our heads.

"Ooh. Hi." We waved at Rachel.

"Where is my strong Ross Skywalker to come rescue me?" I pretended to be sad. Then, Ross stood up from behind Rachel. "There he is." I smiled nervously and put down the rolls. I headed upstairs to the guys' apartment. I saw Joey alone in the living room.

"Hey, Suparna." He smiled back at me.

"So, how'd he take it?" I played with my hands. "Does Chandler know now?"

"We're going out for the Rangers' game tonight." He replied. "But yeah, I think we're fine." I leaned down and kissed him before he pulled me into his lap.

"I will never, ever get used to the sight of my sister in my best friend's lap." Chandler walked out of his room.

"Hi, Chandler. Thanks for taking this so well." I smiled at him gratefully. "I thought you'd be one of those brothers who overreact." I chuckled.

"Yeah, well, I'm not any of those types of brothers. I just...I care about you. You're my little sister. I'm supposed to be looking out for you." He came up to us. "And...given Joey's past, we all know his ways with women."

"Chandler, Joey and I have been together for over a year. I don't think you have to worry anymore." I lay my head on Joey's chest.

"A year? You guys hid this for a year!" He yelled.

"What did I just say, Chandler?" I gave him a look.

"This isn't me overreacting. This is me being...overjoyed." He covered it up with a laugh. "I am so happy that you guys have been together for more than a year and didn't tell any of us." He said through his teeth.

"Actually, you're the last to find out." I might as well make him angry now then at different times.

"Super." Chandler shot back before going back to his room and slamming the door behind him.

"Told you he wouldn't overreact." I extended my hand out, and Joey handed me a twenty.

"Well, that's only because you lured him into it." He stuck his tongue out at me. That night, Rachel, Phoebe, and I brought Monica down to the coffee house.

"So, I went down to the post office. And turns out, it was those videos I ordered for Richard about the Civil War." Monica continued to sob with the box in her hands. "He loved the Civil War." She held up the DVDs.

"Mon, do you want us to take you home?" I rubbed her back.

"Uh–huh." Monica nodded her head. "Or maybe to a galaxy far, far away." Monica teased her brother while crying. Phoebe and I held back our laughter, and Rachel smacked our arms for telling Monica about it. Joey came over to my apartment after his day of 'fun' with Janice.

"You still can't stand her, can you?" I chuckled when he walked in with a stuffed, blue lion.

"I really tried, you know? The point is, I made it through the day." He shrugged his shoulders and sat down next to me on the couch. "But I missed you a lot." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me into his side.

"Know why I'm so happy?" I smiled.

"No, why?" He looked down at me.

"Because I get to this to you wherever I want." I brought him down for a passionate kiss.