TWENTY THREE

"Everybody

"Everybody. There's someone I'd like you to meet."

----------

"She's not here yet. She's not here. She's not here." Ross ran into the waiting room the rest of us were sitting. "She's having my baby, and she's not even here." 

"I'm sure everything's fine. Has her water broken yet?" Monica went over to comfort him.

"I don't know, but when I spoke to her, she said she'd already passed the mucus plug." Ross replied, making Joey gag.

"Did we need to know that?" He stood up and went to throw away the tissues.

"Joey, what are you going to do when you have a baby?" Monica went over to him while Ross ran around the hospital again.

"I'm going to be in the waiting room, handing out cigars." Joey shrugged his shoulders.

"Yes, Joey's made arrangements to have his baby in a movie from the '50s." Chandler spoke up.

"I don't believe this!" Ross came back to us and exclaimed. "I mean, she could be giving birth in the back of a cab."

"Ross, relax. It's probably like two dollars for the first contraction and then 50 cents for each additional contract..." Rachel tried to joke, but we all looked at her. "What? It's okay when Chandler does it?"

"You have to pick your moments." He explained to her.

"Hi. Did I miss it? Did I miss it?" Phoebe ran into the hospital.

"No, she's not even here yet." Ross went back to his whining.

"What's with the guitar?" Monica pointed down at the black guitar case Phoebe was holding.

"Well, I just thought we might be here for a while, so, you know, things mighty get musical." She said with a smile.

"There she is! Oh my God! Where the hell have you been?" We turned around to see a nurse pushing Carol in a wheelchair.

"Oh, we stopped at the gift shop." Carol replied.

"Gift shop? What—" Ross looked back at the rest of us.

"I was looking at the stuffed animals, and Susan wanted a Chunky." They went into a room.

"You—We're having a baby, you don't stop for Chunkies!" Ross continued to yell as he followed them into the room.

"I used to have the bumper sticker." Chandler pointed at him. "You see what I mean?" He glanced back at Rachel. Joey and I were sitting by the maternity ward in front of the room that had all the newborns.

"I want a baby." I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Let's go do it!" Joey exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.