Chapter 4: Surprises

Ella laid out on the grass. It was much warmer than the day before. Her Southern dress was the right amount of clothing for the heat of the day, though every breeze would chill her again, and every time the sun went behind a cloud she would wish for the sun to come back out.

She looked beautiful in the sun. Her black hair almost looked blue. Her eyes were clear, her skin was shining. She wore a Lannister crimson dress, with her breasts pushed up high, and reached even higher when she laid down.

Arya Stark found her there, and laid beside her.

“Do you fear your dress getting dirty?” Arya asked, looking over at the princess.

“Of course not. I fear being yelled at by my parents for ditching my guard again.” Ella teased. “I have other gowns, Arya. My mother may be disappointed, but she is busy planning a wedding and getting a snow white dress made for me.”

“So the wedding is taking place?” Arya asked. 

“Two weeks.” Ella told her. “Not long. I guess my father wants to leave here as soon as possible with the new additions to his horde.”

“You will still be here, though. With Robb.” Arya stated. “Can I stay here with you?”

Ella looked at the girl beside her. Her eyes showed how sad she was for the girl. “I have no power over that, but I do not want you to be taken from your home. No girl deserves that.”

“But you are a girl too, and you are being taken from your home.”

“I am a woman. I must follow my husband where he may lead me.” Ella echoed what she had been told her entire life.

“Why not lead yourself?” Arya asked.

“Do not make me answer that, Arya. I like you too much to lie.”

*****************************************************************************************

“What do you think of your bride to be?” Theon asked Robb as they spared with wooden swords in the yard.

“I like her.” Robb told him. “She’s good with Arya from what I can tell.”

“She doesn’t seem to like you.” Theon stated. 

“What makes you say that?” Robb asked, wondering if he had overheard their discussion the previous night.

“Well, for starters, Jon overheard her talking with the Imp.” Theon stated. 

“When?” 

“Apparently she disappeared from the feast easily enough to get some air. The Imp was talking to Jon, and then left him to talk to her. He could hear what they were talking about. Couldn’t you, Jon?” Theon called over his shoulder, giving Robb a moment to disarm him.”

“Is it true?” Robb called to his half brother who was leaning on the fence.

Jon nodded slowly. “Do you really want to hear what she had to say? What her uncle had to say?”

Robb shrugged. “It can’t be worse than what she has already said to me.” He stated. “Go on, tell me.”

“She doesn’t want to marry you. She wants to be queen after her father.” Jon told him. “I heard the Kingslayer talking often of her. He loves her and says she is much happier when she is at home, and she blames it on the ‘Northern air’. The Imp seems to be her favorite, though. He is the one she always is honest with.”