Chapter 7: Bruises

When Ella awoke, she knew she didn’t want to wake up. She didn’t want to do anything besides stay in bed and sleep. She and Robb had laid together several times the night before. Ella knew that her mother would know that she didn’t say no to the northerner in her bed. She knew what her mother would say. She knew how her mother would act.

Ella was also so comfortable where she was with the warm body behind her, an arm draped around her waist and his slow, even breath on the back of her neck. She didn’t have to wake up yet, she could lay there with her hair tangled, and with a sheet and blankets covering her. She would have been cold if not for the warm body next to her. 

She knew he was waking up when he pulled her closer, she could feel him hard again against her ass. He kissed her shoulder lightly.

“Good morning.” He whispered.

“Shh,” she hushed him, squeezing his hand. “We’re not waking up. We’re staying here for a while longer.”

“Do you like being in bed with me?” He asked her, purposefully pulling her tight against him. 

“Hm,” She sighed, squirming around so she could turn to face him. She had a slight ache between her thighs, but she ignored it. “Yeah, I think so.”

He kissed her softly. “Then maybe we should sleep together every night.”

Her eyebrows furrowed. “Huh?” 

“You know, when a husband and wife actually like each other, they can sleep in the same bed.” He told her, brushing hair away from her face. “My parents do.”

Ella frowned. “My parents only see each other for public events.” 

“Let us not be like them then.”

“He will always disappoint you.”  Cersei’s words echoed in her ears.

Ella shook her head, trying to get her mother’s voice away from her. “Yes, I have to agree with that.”

“So, what do you think of sharing a room?”

She kissed him lightly. “I think it will be a new experience.”

“Is that a yes, then?”

Ella couldn’t see why not. Perhaps if her parents had done this they could have had a better marriage; the gods knew they couldn’t hate each other any more than they already did.

“It is a yes.” She agreed.

“Good.” He kissed her, rolling her onto her back. “And perhaps there is a more fun activity than sleeping we could do.”

She pushed her hips against his. “Yes, I think we could do that.”

XXX

Neither Robb or Ella knew what time it was when a maid knocked on the door, telling them that they were summoned to luncheon with their families, and delivering fresh clothes for them to wear. Ella smiled and thanked the maid, telling her to tell their families that they will be down in a moment.

“Why did you promise that?” Robb whined. “I’m not done with you yet.”

Ella laughed, rolling on top of him, and straddling his hips. She looked towards the window. “It is about noon. I think you can wait a few hours.” She teased. “Also, I am rather hungry.”

“Have I worn you out?” He asked, lifting his hips to meet hers.

“At least for the next hour.” She winked before getting off her husband. “Now get dressed. My father will make inappropriate comments. My mother will kill you with her eyes, and I even bet my uncles will try to make us uncomfortable.” She rolled her eyes before she walked towards her clothes. Ella was happy that she had a simple wrap-around dress with a high neckline to cover the bruises on her shoulders and chest.