3

William POV

It has been so long since my parents abandoned me in this forest. By now I cant even remember what my human form looks like. I sighed in my fox form and decided to go hunt to ease my thoughts.

Hunting has always been something I loved. It provided me with food but also it was the thrill of the chase that made it so enjoyable.

I listened at the birds chirp and how the frozen water of the lake creeked, but just as I was about to go further I caught the sound of a rabbit munching on food. I licked my lip and trotted forward as to not make a sound.

As I got ready to pounce I heard sniffing, thinking it was the rabbit I didn't mind. I lurched forward breaking the rabbits neck in an instant and listening to its dying heart. I thanked the goddess for giving me food. It was then that I heard a twig snap and that was when I caught a familiar scent, wolves.

I ran with the rabbit hanging between my jaws, limp. I heard it following ne close behind and decided to zig and zag through the trees following the sounds of birds. I realized that the birds stopped singing making me lose my sence of where the trees were causing me to run head first into a tree.

I could hear the wolf behind me stipp and let out, what I assumed, was a wolfish chuckle. I snarled, dropping the rabbit, and pinning my ears to my head. It snarled back making me pick up the rabbit and run in an unknown direction.

We ran for what seemed like hours until I heard it stop and sniffing the air. I did the same and realized I was in hunter territory. I decided that the best way out of hunter territory was to follow the wolf's scent. In doing so I turned around and that when it let out a bark making me jump and put my hind leg into a bear trap.

I heard a sickening crunch as I could feel the bear trap break my bone and sending a type of poison harmful to us shifters. I whined and heard the wolf stepping forward. I heard cracks and pops as it shifted into its human form. Its scent changed though underneath the wolf stench I could smell peppermint and caramel.

Mate my fox whispered to me excitedly. Unfocused I hadn't noticed that it put its hands on the bear trap pring the teeth apart, realizing that I pulled my leg as painlessly as I could from the jaws of the trap.

I heard him let go and the trap snapping back, closing its blood stained teeth and jaws.

I whimpered and as I started to feel my eyelids become heavy, I passed out, as I heard it speak, "Its going to be alright, I'm going to take you back to the pack house and get you fixed up...." what ever he said next fall upon deaf ears.