30

Williams POV

I woke up to the smell of pine and fresh snow. It was a scent that I missed and had sought comfort from, a scent that reminded me of a time before I joined Nats' pack and became Luna.

I kind of missed being in the wild, but I also missed my mate. I decided to finally get up and start traveling back to Nat.

~2 hours later~

It took most of the morning to finally reach the border of the Willow Wing Pack. 'Rin, I don't want to return to th packhouse today.' I said to him, opening up the link. 'I have to agree. Being around others. It's uncomfortable.' He responded to me and I silently agreed.

Deciding to at least stay in the territory. We decided to hunt and find a place to make a temporary den for the night.

~Night Fall~

I had a delightful day to say the least. I had caught a rabbit and after eating it, I had then dug a snow burrow, to sleep in for the night.

The snow had hardened as the sun began to set and the moon rose. Nights like these, are times that I wished I wasn't blind.

I curled up in my burrow and fell asleep, as snow gently fell.

*Nathan's POV*

Waking up alone was horrible. I had gotten use to holding my mate during the night. I was worried and continued to wonder if he was alright.

Throughout the day I had wondered to the border. Storm was also anxious which lead to us being in wolf form for most of the day.

Throughout the day Samuel or Anna would come out and check up on me, bringing food and staying until I ate it and by late afternoon I felt that my mate had entered back onto my territory, but he never came back to the packhouse. So by nightfall, I had journeyed out to the edge of my territory to look for him, until Nemora came out in her owl form.

She landed next to me and comforted me by wrapping her wing around my back, in a awkward hug. After a few minutes of hugging she flew off, but not too far. She then mindlinked me and said, 'Follow me.' I abided and followed her.

She lead me to a part of my territory that was mostly used for hunting. I smelt the ground and picked up on the scent of my mate. Nemora left me, going back to the packhouse. I sniffed around until I had found a small burrow with a sleeping fox in it.

Instead of waking him, I decided to lay as close as I could next to him. The burrow could only fit him into it so I slept on the hardened snow.