6

I walked into the packs medical bay with the little fox in my arms. 'Its so cute and it has the sweetest smell in the world' I thought to myself. It smelt like coffee and chocolate covered strawberries. The weirdest thing is that it was fox and foxes didnt have a sweet smell to them but this one strangely did.

Anyways, I walked them and saw Dr. Corson sleeping on a hospital bed. I walked over to her and pushed her off the bed, listening to her land with a thump and a groan. "You didn't have to push me off the damn bed Nat." She said to me while getting up. I chuckled and said, "Well you shouldn't be sleeping on the job Doc." She shook her head and noticed the unconscious fox, while I layed it on the bed.

She walked over examining it and looked at its hind leg, were the bear trap broke it. "Well this is an ugly looking thing. What happened?" She asked me and I told her what happened. She then went back examining it to make sure it wasn't injured. I noticed when she was examining the wound on its leg, her face gave a look of surprise.

"Is something wrong?" I asked and she looked at me and said, "No nothing is wrong, it's just that..... it's a shifter and not a wild animal." I then looked surprised and nodded my head dumbfounded.

Artic fox are rare but an artic fox shifter are even rarer. They're thought to be extinct but here one is and it could be my mate.