37

William's POV

Me and Amber were awoken by the sound of snow crunching. We instantly got up and bristled our fur.  "Oi why are ye on me land." An alpha voice said to us. This man's aura was green, orange, and a weird color teal. It was a color that I hadn't ever seen before. Amber decided to speak, "We only want passage to other pack." He told the man and I nodded in agreement. "Well ye both look like ye seen hell." he told us and continued, "But I must know what pack ye want to get to. So back to me pack house and we can talk this through." We looked at each other and then back at the man, nodding in agreement. 

As promised he lead us back to his pack house, off course we wouldn't shift into our humans form, fearing if we did they would attack us. "Since ye won't be shifting can I at least know ye names." "Tell name first." Amber said to the man. "Fine. Me name is Lachlan Leer. Leader of the Fallow pack." He told us and both of our face must have lit up in recognition because he let out a chuckle. The Fallow pack was known for being a helpful pack and also a pack that showed no mercy to those who threatened it.   

I decided then to speak up, I had never meet Lachlan but me and Nat had talked about making an alliance with him. "I am William, mate to Nathan Willows." I told him and could scene he was surprised. "Well then we best be getting ye back with ye pack." He told me and I nodded. "But what about you. What's ye name." He said to Amber. "Name is Amber. Was from rouge pack. Help him escape." He told Lachlan. "Hmm, did this bunch of rouges have a name?" He asked Amber. 

Amber went silent and his aura changed. It was a color of fear. "Well did it have a name." Lachlan pushed Amber to say it. "Yes it did." he told Lachlan, obviously not wanting to continue. "Well I need the name so that I way I can return ye to them." Lachlan told him and as he said the Amber shifted and ran off,  fear on his scent. I glared at Lachlan and said, "Why would you say that to him. He helped me escape if not for him, I would be dead along with my pups." Lachlan's aura changed and I could tell he felt sorry about what he said. "Fine I'll go and find him. If ye are carrying pups then ye need to stay put." He told me and I nodded in agreement. 

Lachlan left and within only a few minutes he found Amber and apparently convinced him too come back. "Ye two rest. I will be contacting Nathan while ye two make ye selves comfortable." He told us and we agreed.

"What did he say to make you come back?" I asked Amber. "Told me that I wouldn't be given back. I told hi name of pack in return." Amber told me and I nodded. "Pack name was the Snake Bite." That name gave me shivers. The Snake Bite was notorious for taking Alpha's mates, and killing them or even making them into 'toys' for them to play with. "Thank you for saving me and if you don't mind me asking why were you with them?" I asked him curiously. 

"I tell you later. I don't wish to remember now at moment." he told me and I nodded drifting off into sleep.