CH 37: Golden

It was funny how Barry stopped moving. It was as if time froze for him and he just gaped at me with an assortment of emotions showing on his face – awe, excitement, surprise...unease...

Why does he seem uneasy? Am I being too forward?

I suddenly felt self-conscious.

Baka uso pa pala rito ang mga babaeng Dalagang Pilipina at medyo naloka s'ya n'ung napagtanto n'yang hindi pala ako gan'un...

I am impulsive. And unlike what I'd like to believe, some choices I've made were purely out of impulsiveness including suddenly deciding that today was going to be the day that I'd give in to Barry - that today was the day he was going to get his cake and eat it, too.

Fuck, Claire, way to go. Siguro 'yun ang appeal mo, kasi hinihindian mo s'ya and he finds you challenging 'tapos 'eto ka ngayon bumibigay—

"Claire..."

"What?" I asked my voice a little sharp.

"Saan ka pupunta?" he queried. "Are you leaving?"

I didn't even realize that I had been easing myself off him and that he had sat up with an arm around my waist.

"I'm sleepy..." I lamely said. "Goodnight—"

"Anong goodnight?" He sounded amused but I wasn't.

"Look, Barry, you're right, aaminin ko dahil hindi naman talaga ako mahilig magpa-cute. I had decided to sleep with you—"

"Had? Past tense."

"I changed my mind." I nonchalantly shrugged. "Kaya... goodnight."

I pushed him off me.

"Teka. Teka naman."

He wrapped both arms around me.

"You read my reaction incorrectly."

"So, you knew I was analyzing your reaction and I was waiting for a maybe more enthusiastic response?" I sarcastically asked. "The same rule applies to you, pwede ka ring humindi and I won't take it against—"

I was surprised when he took my hand and then guided it inside his boxers.

"Anong klaseng enthusiastic response pa bang kailangan mo?" he asked.

I stared unblinking at him until I realized where my hand was; I tried to slowly pull it free from the confines of his undergarments.

He shook his head at me. "Don't..."

"Um..."

"I am extremely enthusiastic, Claire, and I am afraid that my enthusiasm is going to ruin this for you," he said.

He steered my hand to close around a part of him that I admit I was curious about; then he guided it to move along his length.

I felt myself blush. "I'm convinced...thank you..." I said clearing my throat which had gone dry.

I pulled my hand away.

"H'wag..." he said. "Just hold me, Claire, I want you to get used to the feel of me..."

"I'm used to you..." I nervously replied.

"Then get used to me more..."

I was anxious. I thought I was ready and I actually prepared for it but being intimate with Barry like this made me realize just how inexperienced I was.

Ano ba kasing nakain mo at bigla mong sinimulan ang Mary Claire Gonzalo de los Santos Sexual Revolution? I quietly asked myself.