Missing piece

TW

**********

Everything was in a mess, the scream, the crash, the explosion, the crowd.

Seokjin could only focus at one body laying down on the road, petals of red roses scattered around him painted with blood pooling down the road.

Beautiful red roses only for beautiful Seokjin, his husband always said that. Seokjin always love roses, he always loves the smells, the colors.

"Why red rose? Isn't it too cliche?"

Jaehwan once asked him during their dinner date

"But red is bold, it means eagerness, hopes, bravery, confidence. That's what I wanted to be."

"It means passion, desire and love just how our relationship is, you and I will keep burning this loves up till death do us apart. "

He told him while they're locking their hands. Identical silver rings gleaming in both of their fingers. A witness of their unbroken bond.

"But I will never leave you, even death can't take you away from me, you're stuck with me forever, Kim Seokjin"

Jaehwan bops his nose smiling, he pecks Seokjin's lips admiring how beautiful his husband is

"You're whipped..hubby " Seokjin laughs

He wished he never talked about death that day. He wished fate did not put him into this kind of reality.

He wished the red he saw was not a pool of blood surrounded the flowers.  He countlessly blinked his eyes hoping that the red were all roses instead of blood. His husband blood.

Why there was blood? Why?

Seokjin cradled Jaehwan's bloodied head on his lap, the bleeding did not stop from flowing down his head, his husband's face was pale, his eyes shut, his body unmoving. The warmth was gone, it's only replaced by cold cold and cold, not because of the drizzling rain, not because of the breezy winds.

Jaehwan's body was the only one cold. Seokjin hugged him tight trying to share his body heat unbothered the blood dirtying his face. Seokjin was shivering, he's never that good with handling cold. It's always Jaehwan who share the warmth with him. It's always Jaehwan but tonight his Jaehwan never responded to him.

" help, please help!!!" He screamed out loud

There were many people crowding the accident scene, why is no one coming to them.

Seokjin saw there was one car burnt in a huge flame of fire, bits of the steel were slowly falling apart, the windows were shattering, pieces by pieces were turning into ashes flying into the air. He only smelt metallic, stale and dusty. 

Seokjin was thrasing on the road, head turning left and right shouting for help. Please help his husband.

"Jaehwannie, wake up..open your eyes, baby wake up, wake up please!!"

"Don't leave me, please Jaehwanie.."

" help.."

Seokjin couldn't process his mind, his throat hurts from screaming, his cloth wet with Jaehwan's blood. His heart thrumming with fears. Seokjin did not realise when he passed out on top of his husband's lifeless body.

*****

March 26th, the day Jaehwan was supposed to come back to him, the day they promised to meet at the park, the day he wanted to tell him all of the plans he made for them, the day he's going to meet his husband that he missed so much. The same day Seokjin witnessed Jaehwan's lifeless body laying down on the road, cold and alone, no one came to help him.

March 26th, the day Seokjin lost his one and only husband Kim Jaehwan, was the same day Seokjin lost part of himself.

"A car slipped out due to the wet road, the slipping caused the owner to lose control of the car and unfortunately the driver could not avoid from hitting Kim Jaehwan who was walking on the roadside, the car was spinning for a few times before it flipped over and exploded. The driver and him were automatically killed at the scene"

That was what they were told from the police.

No witness, cctvs were not functioning at all at the junctions, the car's daschcam was totally broke from the explosion, the driver was burnt to death in the car and the case was easily settled just like that.

They received compensation money from Jaehwan's insurance and his company also some money from the driver's family out of their guiltiness. The money is what they used to cover Jungkook's studies, their daily needs and the rest for Grandma Hwang. The fact that they are not Grandma Hwang's real grandsons is never a problem for Seokjin to support her.

Jaehwan used to support them before, Seokjin was working part time while in undergraduate study, he's already in his third year when they got married.

All of the savings Jaehwan left he did not use for himself, they were orphans who met in the park during their high school years, sharing and supporting each other is what they used to do. That was why Seokjin keeps on working hard to help the family's finance. He continued his study after taking a break two years after the accident, he thought he should not give up for Jungkook, for Grandma Hwang and for his late husband.

******
Jungkook is angry, it wasn't that easy, it shouldn't be that easy, his brother in law's death should not be ignored that easily. The coincidence was too bizarre, the police statement was too smooth, like it has been staged to end like that. His heart is not at ease until he finds the answer.

Why it seems like they are hiding something from them.