Chapter 3: Ending It

The small burst of sunlight entered Mark's room through the east facing window. The room radiated warmth and happiness but Mark was anything but. He awoke to the beam of light, displayed on his body like a spotlight. Mark's head was full of conflict. Luna, his future, his friends. All had left him confused and angered. He didn't even realise that he had finished getting dressed until he looked up at the mirror and saw that he had actually started getting undressed again. Mark knew it was going to be a depressing day, but he promised himself that he would give it his all no matter how badly it ended up getting. He hobbled down the corridor and opened the door, got on the bus, and stared blankly out the window all the way to school, hoping that Luna would get onto the bus so he would have some company. Deep down he knew that even if she did get on the bus, there was no way that she would come over to him, given everything that she had done recently.

Luna came up the stairs of the bus, saw Mark, stared at him angrily and sat down. This threw Mark over the edge. He got up, limped over to where she was sitting, sat down, and preceded to ask what it was that he had done to deserve this kind of shade. Luna refused to answer, and instead just looked at him as if he was an idiot. She turned away and replied "just leave me alone, you freak. No one likes you. Why do you think everyone has turned on you. Even Paul, your supposed best friend hangs out with you less. I don't deserve what you are putting me through, like let me have some peace"

Mark couldn't take it anymore, and after he found out that he had a career threatening injury, he seriously thought about ending it all. He was making his way to break when he found inspiration. He crawled to the top of the English block and sat down for a couple of minutes. He started saying goodbye to all of his friends, then Paul who tried with all his heart to stop him, and finally Luna; saying, "I don't know what to say. We used to be the best of friends, but lately all you have given me is pain instead of hope. I don't know how to tell you this but, I love you. I just hope we can move past this phase. Please don't blame yourself for what I am about to do, there's more to it, believe me. For now though, I guess this is goodbye."